Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset & Restore Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset & Restore Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone! So I was having problems with something so I had to reset my windows using the media software. So I made a backup drive and reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SplustX, Jan 2, 2020.

1. SplustX Win User

Windows 10 Reset & Restore Settings

Hello everyone! So I was having problems with something so I had to reset my windows using the media software. So I made a backup drive and reset the it. After it was over some of the softwares and shortcuts were messed up, and the settings were reset as well. I was wondering if I could restore the previous settings before the reset using my backup drive, I did try it twice but it just seemed to restore my personal files, which I already chose to kept before the reset. Thank you!

:)

SplustX, Jan 2, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10 Reset & Restore Settings [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Reset & Restore Settings - Similar Threads - Reset Restore Settings

2. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  3. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  4. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reset windows 10 SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset windows 10 SETTINGS: How do I reset Windows settings whitout reinstalling windows? Or atleast: How do I reset Default apps by file type in Windows whitout reinstalling Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-settings/1e58a5c5-aa79-4504-a9a4-79f412e7f7ad
  6. Restore Windows 10 and/or reset PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 and/or reset PC: Hello Folks- Because my Dell XPS was acting up, I tried SFC /Scannow. It locked up at 11%, so I tried to reset the PC without losing personal files. I am now getting the BSOD ; there does not appear to be a way out of it. The error message is something like NTSC system...
  7. Difference between "remove everything" and "restore factory settings" on Windows 10 reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Difference between "remove everything" and "restore factory settings" on Windows 10 reset?: Today my laptop was infected by some kind of malware that sometimes pops some ad browsers when I'm using Chrome so I decided to completely reset my Windows 10. At the reset screen it shows 3 options: - keep the files - remove everything - restore factory settings Obviously I...
  8. windows 10 settings reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 settings reset: I just started up my computer and it showed a screen saying everything you could do if you signed into windows, I just skipped it because I had no idea what it was about. When I got in I found out that my laptop had been switched back to light mode. what has happened?...
  9. Restoring app settings after its reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring app settings after its reset: Since I am not aware of what happens after windows 10 backs up app settings and the app is reinstalled, I'd like to know, once I reset a malfunctioning app, will it automatically restore its previous settings or does reset imply that those settings are also lost for good? Do...
  10. Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10: How to: Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10 How to Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is...