Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset stuck on "Just a moment"

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset stuck on "Just a moment" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had an HP laptop lying around I hadn't used in awhile... And decided to do a complete factory reset to start fresh and make sure my computer was as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jordan Hodge, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Reset stuck on "Just a moment"

I had an HP laptop lying around I hadn't used in awhile... And decided to do a complete factory reset to start fresh and make sure my computer was as fast as it could be.

I restarted, pressed f11 to enter the advanced menu, and did a complete reset where I deleted everything. After a few hours, I'm greeted with the welcome screen with Cortana.

Most of the time, I get past where she asks about my country and keyboard layout, and then she says "now we have some important setup to do" and the system tells me to wait "just a moment" and it's just an infinite loop of that screen. Other times, I'll turn the laptop on and it won't even get past the keyboard layout setup, it will just freeze there where I can't even move the mouse.

I've read this could be an issue where a windows update screws with some kind of driver. I was wondering if I could get help with this issue so I can boot into windows and use my laptop.

I've shut it down via the power button a few times now and booted back up only to keep having these issues.

HP Laptop

Serial: 5CD6045SV2

Model: 15-f387wm

:)

Jordan Hodge, Feb 7, 2019

2. Stuck on the "Just a Moment..." Screen

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below link replied by Yashwanth Kotakuri
    on 28th October 2015 and verify the result.

Windows 10 stuck at "just a moment" (already installed)

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation Stuck on "Just a Moment"

I've seen other posts about hanging on installs, but I am not trying an install. Just got a new Lenovo X1 Carbon with Win 10 installed. Powered up and went through a few activation steps. Chose the Express installation. Now I am stuck with a screen that
    says "Just a Moment" with spinning circles. Tried to reboot, but it goes back to the same screen after booting every time. Any suggestions?

Makemeweak, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Reset stuck on "Just a moment"

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Reset stuck on "Just a moment"

1. Windows 10 Reset stuck on "Just a moment" - Similar Threads - Reset stuck moment

2. Reset Laptop, stuck in Just a Moment loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset Laptop, stuck in Just a Moment loop.: I recently bought a laptop to kill the time when I'm not at work because my main tower is awaiting new parts. I turned it on today just to see it was installing a new update, yet it was working fine the night before. I got the infamous "black screen" and tried all the steps I...
  3. Reset Laptop, stuck in Just a Moment loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Laptop, stuck in Just a Moment loop.: I recently bought a laptop to kill the time when I'm not at work because my main tower is awaiting new parts. I turned it on today just to see it was installing a new update, yet it was working fine the night before. I got the infamous "black screen" and tried all the steps I...
  4. Reset Laptop, stuck in Just a Moment loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 stuck at Just a moment...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck at Just a moment...: Hi so I was clean installing windows 10 using an iso not a usb drive so after I went through 2 setups then my pc was just stuck at Just a moment.. can anyone please tell me how to fix this thank you...
  6. Stuck at "Just a moment..."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at "Just a moment...": I booted up my surface pro 3 and i saw just a moment in at the lock screen It has been stuck there for so long. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-just-a-moment/d446b53f-f71f-4f75-8e2f-b69103de8867
  7. Window stuck at just a moment after resetting the windows 10.

Window stuck at just a moment after resetting the windows 10.: Hello Everyone, I have a desktop all in one from DELL. My desktop was running slow because I installed too many software. Therefore, I decided to reset the windows. After Completing the reset and waiting 7 hours there was a menu options popped up where I had to select the...
  8. "Just a Moment..." Stuck Screen After Reset of Windows 10

"Just a Moment..." Stuck Screen After Reset of Windows 10: I bought a new Dell Laptop recently. When I was transferring all of my files over to my new Dell, my files got all messed up so instead of trying to move them all individually, I just said screw it and went and factory reset my new laptop (windows 10) [Update & Security -->...
  9. Stuck at Just a moment

Stuck at Just a moment: so i had to reinstall my windows 10 and when i log in, i get the option to set up a pin, but no option to skip and if i press set up a pin, i get stuck at Just a moment and it’s been like this for 20 minutes. I restarted 2 times and i got the same problem....
  10. Stuck on "Just a moment" after factory reset

Stuck on "Just a moment" after factory reset: A while back I had a problem with a program or driver that made my laptop freeze upon loading into the desktop, I couldnt find the problem and ended up just doing a factory reset after transfering my files to an external hard drive. Upon loading back into windows after the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck just a moment

2. windows 10 just a moment

3. windows 10 stuck at just a moment

4. 1903 stuck on just a moment,
  5. windows 10 stuck in just a moment ,
  6. windows stuck on just a moment,
  7. just a moment windows,
  8. just a moment windows 10,
  9. System reset stuck on just a moment loop,
  10. egl laptop stuck on just a moment how to get past this,
  11. pc stuck on now we have some important setup to do,