Windows 10: Windows 10 reset taking forever

Discus and support Windows 10 reset taking forever in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I decided to reset my Windows 10 install after having my laptop crash a few times. However, while resetting, I realised that the progress on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dastrukar., Aug 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 reset taking forever

Recently I decided to reset my Windows 10 install after having my laptop crash a few times.

However, while resetting, I realised that the progress on the install bit has been stuck on 7% for awhile now.

As of writing this, the progress on the installation is still stuck on 7% and a few hours have already passed.

Right now I’m wondering if it is safe to restart my laptop as it is really tempting to do so.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

dastrukar., Aug 15, 2019

2. Reset taking forever...

Hi my computer has been working really poorly. as i said in the other forum that i Made: System Restore
    not Working

So after a while even what the guy suggested it still gave a a error. so i decided to reset it but keep all my files. its been 5 hours and its only at 4%. i though that was normal but after i looked online it said about 2 - 4 hours. so im wondering if i
    should turn off my computer or just let it take forever. i assume the reset will take a few days.

JoshuaKolby, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows 10 reset taking forever

Windows 10 Update Taking Forever

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process (For Laptop: Remove the battery before performing the steps)
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in
    safe mode
    . This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control
      Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 reset taking forever

1. Windows 10 reset taking forever - Similar Threads - reset taking forever

2. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  3. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 taking FOREVER to unlock.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking FOREVER to unlock.: Hello Microsoft Team,Normally, when I click the "Restart" button in the Start Menu, it takes FOREVER to unlock. It takes 40 minutes at best. The same thing happens when I hard-reset my computer. My solution was to use the "Shut Down" option, and it worked for a while....
  6. Windows 10 taking forever to log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taking forever to log in: When i log in it takes like 10-30 minutes. I don’t know when this happened but i know that it has been way shorter before. But a long time ago. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/secondoverthree [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Install Taking Forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install Taking Forever: Hello, I have a question regarding Windows 10 Installation & Upgrade. I am trying to install Windows 10 1809 32-bit on my Virtual Box but the installer is stuck in "Getting files ready for installation". The percentage of completion is increasing by 15-30 minute intervals. I...
  8. Windows 10 takes forever to restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes forever to restart.: As title says, it takes almost an hour to restart, even when the OS is installed in a SSD. Which nulifies the whole point of using one. This happened before but could fix it simply by updating Windows. Now I'm at the latest update and the issue showed up again. [ATTACH]...
  9. Chkdsk Taking forever Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk Taking forever Windows 10: I have read many other iterations of exactly what I'm about to ask and have yet to receive a satisfying answer. I work for an IT Consultancy firm where we oversee thousands of independent systems. In the last two weeks, across the board regardless of disk size and machine...
  10. Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!: Running Windows 10 on Panasonic CF-C2 laptops. When it comes to updates, they are taking FOREVER to install - 20 to 30 minutes. Is anyone experiencing the updates taking this long....my users are screaming because time is money and updates are just taking too long. I am not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting computer taking foreverin win10

2. reset windows 10 takes forever

3. resetting windows 10 is taking forever

4. windows 10 reset taking forwever