Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently decided to reset a windows 10 PC with a 1 TB hard drive and a 500 GB SSD, but chose to wipe and clean all storage on both drives. The PC has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Isaac45445, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long

I recently decided to reset a windows 10 PC with a 1 TB hard drive and a 500 GB SSD, but chose to wipe and clean all storage on both drives. The PC has been running with a black screen for almost a week now with no indication of progress or activity. I have hit the shut down button on the case several times. What should I do? Should I just wait, or is my PC broken? Is it possible to safely interrupt this process? Thanks so much for any help.

:)

Isaac45445, Oct 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 reset taking a long time to restart

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suspect that the Windows files are corrupted and suggest you to reinstall the Windows 10 using the Reset this PC option.

Refer: How to: Perform a clean install
    using Reset this PC in Windows 10
    -
    suggestion by Andre Da Costa

Warning: All the data will be lost performing the above steps given in the link. Suggested to take a backup and troubleshoot the system.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 3, 2019
  3. M.A.aa Win User
    Windows 10 reset is taking too long?

Reseting my Windows 10 linx tablet to give away. I followed all the steps on this link and am on step 9. Reset Windows 10 . It said it would take a while to reset and
    that it would restart a few times but my tablet has been on but has had a black screen like when it restarts for more than a day now. I'm worried something has happened. Can someone please help me? All help is appreciated.

M.A.aa, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long

1. Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long - Similar Threads - Reset Taking Too

2. Why my pc is taking too long to reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my pc is taking too long to reset?: I put on my pc to reset yesterday at 10pm. It's 9 o'clock in the morning. And the progress is still "30% downloading" like it was last night. It didn't even move for 1%.I chose to clean only the drive which had windows. My product is from ASUS and the product had windows 11...
  3. Why my pc is taking too long to reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my pc is taking too long to reset?: I put on my pc to reset yesterday at 10pm. It's 9 o'clock in the morning. And the progress is still "30% downloading" like it was last night. It didn't even move for 1%.I chose to clean only the drive which had windows. My product is from ASUS and the product had windows 11...
  4. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  5. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  6. windows 10 restart taking too long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 restart taking too long: windows 10 restart taking too long. When I power on and off it takes less than 1 minute but whenever I restart then it takes about 7-10 minutes. I have i5 4670 processor 8gb ram...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?

Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?: Hello, So I am doing an upgrade on my desktop (currently in progress) and just wondering how long it usually takes? I looked up online and the upgrade should takes maximum an hour, but as of now it's been 5 hours and still hasn't loaded into Win 10. It's still on the...
  8. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54
  9. Windows 10 takes too long to boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes too long to boot.: I know this is a holiday weekend, but I'm set to start a new job working from home. Just as I'm about to go live I'm suddenly noticing that Windows 10 is taking 5 minutes or from turning it on to when I can actually use it. I've already done the basics by looking for malware,...
  10. Windows 10 taking too long to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking too long to boot: I know there are several threads by this name, but my problem, as far as I know, is quite peculiar and I haven't seen anything similar to this in any thread. Yesterday I did a clean install (actually I wiped the whole hard drive and converted it to MBR since it was in GPT and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset pc option takes too long