Windows 10: Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear

Discus and support Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I own a surface pro3,came with windows 8. It upgraded to windows 10. Now I want to reset my surface pro3 to clean wipe everything for a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samurai-14, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear

Hello,

I own a surface pro3,came with windows 8. It upgraded to windows 10. Now I want to reset my surface pro3 to clean wipe everything for a fresh use. I went to windows reset option and selected "remove all files" option.. after reset, it prompted me to select whether to clean TPM or not.. my question:

Since windows is automatically activated on surface pro3 due to the activation key being in its UEFI, if I select clean TPM, will that key also be erased? Will I be asked for activation key for windows after I select clean TPM?

I want to clean TPM as I tried remove all files and didnt clean TPM, but after reset i have this page "hi.info" as my default page on browser. I dont know why.. and it shows in programs installed as well.. so I feel like there is some virus/issue and want a clean and wiped computer..

Thank you

Thank you..

:)

samurai-14, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Clear tpm

Hi I'm trying to reset my laptop to factory settings and its saying clear TPM. Or configuration change was requested for this computer's TPM.

Louise Robert, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Dheeraj Win User

Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

I also wanted to know the same thing. I'm having an issue with my motherboard, and resetting by removing the battery didn't help. So wanted to do full bios reset. I'm not sure if clearing TPM will cause losing of the Windows 10 license. Did it worked for u?

Dheeraj, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear

1. Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear - Similar Threads - Reset TPM clear

2. How to reset windows 10 laptop asking to clear tpm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows 10 laptop asking to clear tpm: I have a windows 10 laptop im trying to reset so i can sell it, but when i tried to reset it it asked if i wanted to clear the computers tpm, i selected yes after reading some guides online, but when i did put me on an “undoing changes” screen before sending me back to my...
  3. Clear TPM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear TPM?: Hi,I read online that it is recommended to clear the TPM in windows not bios, before a clean install of Windows 11. Is this true? Or will windows 11 automatically clear the TPM under installation regardless?...
  4. clearing tpm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clearing tpm: if i clear tpm does it reset my computer back to factory settings and wipe out all the files and data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-tpm/e2ac4c8c-a98e-43de-b1fd-79bf5f425b9f
  5. clearing tpm

clearing tpm: if i clear tpm does it reset my computer back to factory settings and wipe out all the files and data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-tpm/e2ac4c8c-a98e-43de-b1fd-79bf5f425b9f
  6. Computer Reset Clear tpm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Reset Clear tpm: I decided to fully factory reset my laptop, and then I got a black screen asking me to clear the tpm or not, and I chose to not clear the tpm....I waited for a while and then for hours, the screen just showed up with welcome and the loading circle, and then a black screen,...
  7. Computer Reset Clear tpm

Computer Reset Clear tpm: I decided to fully factory reset my laptop, and then I got a black screen asking me to clear the tpm or not, and I chose to not clear the tpm....I waited for a while and then for hours, the screen just showed up with welcome and the loading circle, and then a black screen,...
  8. Computer Reset Clear tpm

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Does clearing TPM reset the computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does clearing TPM reset the computer?: Due to working from home, I am required to download Microsoft 365 apps to my desktop, a Lenovo Yoga 730. I have downloaded the apps, but am unable to sign in to my work account as my "TPM has malfunctioned". I have done some research and people have said to clear the TPM. I...
  10. clearing the tpm

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    clearing the tpm: I have an RCA small laptop with windows 10 and I wiped at clear to give to my grandson. At the end a message came up and seems to be stuck there concerning the TPM.I want the TPM to be cleared so he can enter his own information, but it seems to be stuck and wont budge. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will deleting tpm clear my documents

2. why clear the TPM after Recovery in win 10