Windows 10: Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC"

Discus and support Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Resetting HP pavillion Laptop, less than a year old. Came with Windows 10 installed. Selected cloud download option leaving docs and files but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimmeyJerue, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC"

Resetting HP pavillion Laptop, less than a year old. Came with Windows 10 installed. Selected cloud download option leaving docs and files but removing apps. was completely updated prior to beginning. PC has been stuck on black screen with HP logo, spinning dots and "resetting this PC" for over 3 hours.

IS THIS NORMAL? How long should it take? What do I do now?

thanks for any help......

:)

JimmeyJerue, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud

Source: Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud - Windows Insider

How to Reset Windows 10

How to Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stuck at resetting this pc 1%

Hi Emmarienelle,

Resetting Windows 10 is an ideal solution for users to fix system problems or software compatibility issues. However, things might get complicated when your PC gets stuck or freeze while resetting. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Fix Windows 10 fail to reset issue by hard booting PC and performing a clean reset:

• Press power key for 8-10 seconds to start a hard boot. Do this for three to four times.
    • Enter Windows 10 Automatic repair options.
    • Try a clean reset from the Automatic repair options.

• Download Windows 10 ISO file and perform a clean install in your PC.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC"

Reset This PC stuck on 8%

Hello Matthew,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Reset stuck at certain percentage. We will certainly help you.

Can you let us know why exactly are you trying to perform Reset of Pc?

As you system is stuck, we suggest you to hard reboot and then try performing reset again and check if the same issue occurs. If the same issue persists, then we suggest you to perform reset using Installation disk.

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to create installation media using the Media Creation tool.

Download Windows 10

Installation Media tool:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Reset of PC:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Reset this PC”.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC"

1. Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC" - Similar Threads - reset using cloud

2. Factory reset windows 10 cloud download.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset windows 10 cloud download.: I wanted to factory reset my HP laptop so I can give it to a friend. On the download for Windows I could have chosen between local and Cloud, I went with the cloud since Windows would be up to date. I clicked all the options I wanted which were just to start completely fresh...
  3. Reset pc cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset pc cloud: My desktop had a virus due hp support scam connect Will I put virus back in using this mode??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-cloud/4a5ff1ad-60f2-47ac-a6ea-52a63f61e4df
  4. Reset pc cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset pc cloud: My desktop had a virus due hp support scam connect Will I put virus back in using this mode??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-cloud/4a5ff1ad-60f2-47ac-a6ea-52a63f61e4df
  5. Reset pc cloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Reset your PC using cloud download fails

Reset your PC using cloud download fails: Hello everyone! I hope you are having a nice day.So recently, my pc has disabled the ability to reset windows from a cloud reset, even after a ton of local resets, it still doesnt work. Even after using the Media Creation tool to do a repair upgrade, the issue still...
  7. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  8. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  9. Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud

in Windows 10 News
    Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud: EDITOR’S NOTE: I am publishing this article on behalf of Aaron Lower. Aaron is a Program Manager on the Core OS and Intelligent Edge (COSINE) Fundamentals team at Microsoft. His team focuses on the underlying technologies and platforms that are used to install and reinstall...
  10. Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option?: Windows 10 administrators may soon have a new cloud download option when it comes to resetting a PC running Windows 10. Microsoft added functionality to the company's Windows 10 operating system to reset the operating system. Admins may initiate a reset from within Windows...