Windows 10: Windows 10 reset

Discus and support Windows 10 reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Any ideas why when trying to do a Windows 10 reset it bombs out at 56%, we have tried most suggestions but the result is the same. All we want to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonyDavies8, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 reset

Any ideas why when trying to do a Windows 10 reset it bombs out at 56%, we have tried most suggestions but the result is the same.

All we want to do is reset but not keep any info.

D drive is pretty full, so does this have anything to do with it?

Tony

:)

TonyDavies8, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 reset

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reset

1. Windows 10 reset - Similar Threads - reset

2. How to reset windows 11 with only settings saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows 11 with only settings saved?: So i had some apps downloaded and now i wanna delete some but for some reason it wont show up in the add or remove place for example i had cyberlink and i wanna delete and i deleted from the add or remove and its still there so i wanna reset with only my settings saved?...
  3. How to reset windows 11 with only settings saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows 11 with only settings saved?: So i had some apps downloaded and now i wanna delete some but for some reason it wont show up in the add or remove place for example i had cyberlink and i wanna delete and i deleted from the add or remove and its still there so i wanna reset with only my settings saved?...
  4. I’ve done a reset to my laptop and i didnt back up my files would be there any chance to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve done a reset to my laptop and i didnt back up my files would be there any chance to...: i had microsoft account installed on my pc then i was sellinh it so i wanted to reset it. Unfortunately i deleted my files without having them moved to a drive so i deleted them. I think there could be a way to restore photos maybe by giving you my laptop information?...
  5. I’ve done a reset to my laptop and i didnt back up my files would be there any chance to...

I’ve done a reset to my laptop and i didnt back up my files would be there any chance to...: i had microsoft account installed on my pc then i was sellinh it so i wanted to reset it. Unfortunately i deleted my files without having them moved to a drive so i deleted them. I think there could be a way to restore photos maybe by giving you my laptop information?...
  6. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  7. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  8. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset: Hi there. Four days ago, running a Full Scan, Windows Defender caught a trojan, Script/Wacatac.H!ml, which was apparently hanging out in Mozilla/Firefox. But then the Security "Protection History" said "Remediation Incomplete" and listed four folders of...
  9. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset: Hi there. Four days ago, running a Full Scan, Windows Defender caught a trojan, Script/Wacatac.H!ml, which was apparently hanging out in Mozilla/Firefox. But then the Security "Protection History" said "Remediation Incomplete" and listed four folders of...
  10. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security