Windows 10: Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer recently updated to Windows 10 Pro Version 1909. Now, every time it shuts down, it will reset itself back to factory type settings. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cbdority, Feb 13, 2020.

1. cbdority Win User

Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown

My computer recently updated to Windows 10 Pro Version 1909. Now, every time it shuts down, it will reset itself back to factory type settings. It will disconnect from the network drives, delete all saved short cuts on the desktop. All Office programs will open as if they are brand new. I don't know how to stop it from resetting itself after a shutdown. Do I need to go back to an older version of Windows 10 prior to this latest update? I didn't have any issues until this update last week.

:)

cbdority, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown

little cat, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown

1. Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown - Similar Threads - Resets Shutdown

2. Windows factory reset stuck at 10%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows factory reset stuck at 10%: I am trying to factory reset my pc, but it’s been stuck at 10% for over an hour now. Is this normal? submitted by /u/PrimeDZN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fau2dd/windows_factory_reset_stuck_at_10/
  3. Windows.old does not contain my files before choosing to reset my PC with the 'keep all...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows.old does not contain my files before choosing to reset my PC with the 'keep all...: Hi, I chose to reset my PC with the option to 'keep all files' after resetting. However, upon resetting, the files are nowhere to be found. In my C: drive there is a Windows.old folder but this does not contain my files. It contains a WINDOWS folder within which the...
  4. Can‘t reset Windows 10

Can‘t reset Windows 10: So I wanted to reset my PC so I can give it to my brother. I have Windows 10 on my Mac 2015 (Bootcamp). I choose the ”only delete my files“ option when resetting. It goes to the black windows screen and only goes to 46%, crashes and goes back to the blue menu. I tried...
  5. windows 10 settings reset

windows 10 settings reset: I just started up my computer and it showed a screen saying everything you could do if you signed into windows, I just skipped it because I had no idea what it was about. When I got in I found out that my laptop had been switched back to light mode. what has happened?...
  6. PC Won't start after shutdown during a reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Won't start after shutdown during a reset: Yesterday I tried to reset my PC, and once the screen went black I assumed something went wrong and I turned it off. Once I turned my PC back on, it showed the same black screen with my monitor saying "Input not supported" by default, the same one it showed when I was turning...
  7. windows resets to certant point after every shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows resets to certant point after every shutdown/restart: whatever i do, install/de install, anything at all , even tried restoring/resetting windows to factory settings-after restarting, everything is same as it was before that point.whevever i download or even make a random notepad file, it gets deleted after every...
  8. BSOD PC Randomly Reset/Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD PC Randomly Reset/Shutdown: Few weeks (after Intel spectre announcement and windows update) ago my system started randomly restarting and shutting down (cutting off) so I reinstalled windows and everything was fine until a week back, where it started resetting again and more frequently. Sometimes the...
  9. Keyboard backlight settings reset after PC shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard backlight settings reset after PC shutdown: Hello, Recently I bought this keyboard: Trust.com - GXT 280 LED Illuminated Gaming Keyboard I chose backlight color and color intensity, however those settings reset after the PC is restarted or shut down. Than I have to choose the preferred settings once again. Is...
  10. Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown: Hi there, I'm having a problem with the DPI settings on my laptop since around October. My aim that I hope you can help me achieve is to have no scaling factor set (i.e. DPI scaling at 100%). Every time I restart my laptop the factor sets to 125%. I am able to move it down...