Windows 10: Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer recently updated to Windows 10 Pro Version 1909. Now, every time it shuts down, it will reset itself back to factory type settings. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cbdority, Feb 13, 2020.

1. cbdority Win User

Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown

My computer recently updated to Windows 10 Pro Version 1909. Now, every time it shuts down, it will reset itself back to factory type settings. It will disconnect from the network drives, delete all saved short cuts on the desktop. All Office programs will open as if they are brand new. I don't know how to stop it from resetting itself after a shutdown. Do I need to go back to an older version of Windows 10 prior to this latest update? I didn't have any issues until this update last week.

:)

cbdority, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown

little cat, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown

1. Windows 10 Resets After Shutdown - Similar Threads - Resets Shutdown

2. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop: Hi I don't know how this problem appear, because I didn't install anything, I didn't update the windows 10 but it has the last updates, I didn't plug any external storage, also I have Kaspersky. When I shutdown from the start menu and from other ways like alt+f4, the laptop...
  3. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop: Hi I don't know how this problem appear, because I didn't install anything, I didn't update the windows 10 but it has the last updates, I didn't plug any external storage, also I have Kaspersky. When I shutdown from the start menu and from other ways like alt+f4, the laptop...
  4. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MY LAPTOP SHUTDOWNS DURING 'RESET THIS PC' . IT SHOWING PREPARING WINDOWS ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP SHUTDOWNS DURING 'RESET THIS PC' . IT SHOWING PREPARING WINDOWS ?: i "Reset This PC" and keep the personal files but during this my laptop battery charge is low and i not plugged in. It shutdowns after i turn on my laptop with plugged in and i seen there is "Choose default operating system" awindows 10 on volume 5 and bwindows 10 on volume 5...
  6. MY LAPTOP SHUTDOWNS DURING 'RESET THIS PC' . IT SHOWING PREPARING WINDOWS ?

MY LAPTOP SHUTDOWNS DURING 'RESET THIS PC' . IT SHOWING PREPARING WINDOWS ?: i "Reset This PC" and keep the personal files but during this my laptop battery charge is low and i not plugged in. It shutdowns after i turn on my laptop with plugged in and i seen there is "Choose default operating system" awindows 10 on volume 5 and bwindows 10 on volume 5...
  7. MY LAPTOP SHUTDOWNS DURING 'RESET THIS PC' . IT SHOWING PREPARING WINDOWS ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Regarding accidental shutdown during "Reset this pc".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding accidental shutdown during "Reset this pc".: Hi. While I was resetting my pc. The power to my house went down, In turn, the pc's battery drained while resetting resulting in it shutting down during the reset process.When I put it on. It gave me a blue screen with 5 options under CHOOSE AN OPTION.Continue exit and...
  9. Regarding accidental shutdown during "Reset this pc".

Regarding accidental shutdown during "Reset this pc".: Hi. While I was resetting my pc. The power to my house went down, In turn, the pc's battery drained while resetting resulting in it shutting down during the reset process.When I put it on. It gave me a blue screen with 5 options under CHOOSE AN OPTION.Continue exit and...
  10. Regarding accidental shutdown during "Reset this pc".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp intel troubleshooting shutdown downloand wi 10 os build