Windows 10: Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in

Discus and support Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, in Windows I have changed my colours settings to Custom, default app mode to Dark, and default Windows mode Dark. Now, everytime I restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AzeEx Machina, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in

Greetings, in Windows I have changed my colours settings to Custom, default app mode to Dark, and default Windows mode Dark. Now, everytime I restart or shut down my pc the colours gets changed to light, I've tried setting it in different ways, even by choosing the overall Dark instead of custom but to no avail.

I don't have sync activated, I'm logging in with a local account, not a Microsoft one and my Windows 10 is regularly activated and updated to 20H2.

I don't have softwares or apps that change my colours, nor do I have the automatic pick of the accent colour enabled.

I also have a laptop with the same configuration where everything works as intended.

This issue didn't start recently with a specific update, it's been like this for awhile now.

What can I do?

:)

AzeEx Machina, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2020
  3. GeorgeCB Win User
    Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

Last week I had some serious registry / profile problems that I simply couldn't fix. The general consensus from the various forums suggested a complete refresh but on the understanding that I would lose all of my apps and docs AND that I would be returned to Win 8. I was so sick of it all that I decided to take this nuclear option and found that it loaded Win 10. Having reinstalled everything I noticed the BG colours weren't right and almost created a new set of problems.

Re your suggestion on personalization - it 'sorted' worked but I noticed the option for Start, Taskbar & Action Centre was greyed out and I couldn't change this. By chance a search took me to a similar problem solved on this forum which has worked a treat. Here's the link if you are interested: I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

Many thanks for your help.

G

GeorgeCB, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in

1. Windows 10 resets colours settings at every log in - Similar Threads - resets colours settings

2. Windows reset my colour settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reset my colour settings: Idk if it was an update or what but i turn on ky pc, log in and bam, windows is trying to choke me out with its **** 365 stuff, i thought thats weird that usually only happens once then after i say "no **** off" like 50 times to any offer that no one would ever want and i...
  3. Windows reset my colour settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reset my colour settings: Idk if it was an update or what but i turn on ky pc, log in and bam, windows is trying to choke me out with its **** 365 stuff, i thought thats weird that usually only happens once then after i say "no **** off" like 50 times to any offer that no one would ever want and i...
  4. reset windows 10 to standart colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset windows 10 to standart colours: I have medssed up my screen colour settings, how do I reset back to original settings ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-to-standart-colours/1f272687-4704-4f00-aaf1-b29d827f4aae
  5. Colour Setting

Colour Setting: Since the last update the colour setting option for Start, Taskbar and Action Centre is greyed out and is no longer available. Not important but annoying. Any suggestions appreciated....
  6. reset colours to default

reset colours to default: How can I restore my colours to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-colours-to-default/cf585063-c252-4cba-b329-54e8e53db926
  7. Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot

Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot: Laptop: G75VW Asus ROG gaming laptop. Hardware: Intel Core i7 -3610QM, 2.3GHz quad-core 12GB Ram NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX670M 3GB OS: Originally Win7 Home Premium Upgraded to Win10 Home 1/1/2020 *These problems started after I upgraded to windows 10. As the title...
  8. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings: I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme and colours. I stupidly made some changes but now I cannot see the text in the search box. Is there a registry entry that can...
  9. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings: I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme and colours. I stupidly made some changes but now I cannot see the text in the search box. Is there a registry entry that can...
  10. Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login: I downloaded Windows 10 a few days ago, and every time I turn off my computer and log back in, my mouse settings revert back to their defaults. The defaults have a lot of annoying extra features, and the scroll is backwards. Every time I change the mouse settings to my...