Windows 10: Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Hopefully someone can help me out. .I am really frustrated with my taskbar right now and have no idea how to fix it. I have my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dj3642a, May 9, 2019.

1. dj3642a Win User

Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out. .I am really frustrated with my taskbar right now and have no idea how to fix it. I have my taskbar settings set for the height to be 2 levels… BUT every time I start up my PC.. it is set back to 1 level and I have to redo it every time. .is there a registry setting I can go in and correct?? I am guessing something got corrupted and it keeps defaulting back to 1 level. Please help if you can.

***Title modified from Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start up pc***

:)

dj3642a, May 9, 2019

2. Taskbar Height auto resets after rebooting PC

Tried both methods and it was a double bust.

No errors could be found in the registry and even using a new admin user account did not work.

I even did the checksum thing on the new admin account but found nothing again.

What I did find out just out of curiosety was make my taskbar 3 high.

After a reboot, it was now 2 high.

Sadly after another reboot, it was 1 high again.

So I made it 6 high and rebooted of few times.

With every reboot, the taskbar went down 1 spot all the way back to 1.

So windows CAN have another height set after a reboot but how to make it stick.

There has to be a way to fix this problem because I am NOT the only person with this problem.

UltraFox69, May 9, 2019
  3. jshaw42 Win User
    Taskbar Shrinks after reboot

My similar problem is that I unlock the taskbar, set it a a height of two and lock the taskbar. As long as I am still on the computer the taskbar hides as it is set and it stays at level 2. Then I shut down. When I return and boot up, the taskbar is reset to 1.

The odd part is that it is not consistent on the desktop, but is consistent on the laptop.

jshaw42, May 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot

Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

As soon as I log off or reboot the VM W10 loses the double height taskbar. Is there a trick? I tried both small and normal taskbar icons. Also I have that jazz in the lower right corner of the desktop eval version etc. even though it says Windows Is Activated.

It's English W10 x86

I'm using latest VMPlayer.
    Any hints?

MilesAhead, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot

1. Windows 10 resets taskbar height to level 1 after reboot - Similar Threads - resets taskbar height

2. Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?: See the attached image. I have not done any changes and this just appeared. The image spans both of my desktops. I would like to reset the taskbar height on the right desktop down to it's original size....
  3. Taskbar resetting itself after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar resetting itself after reboot: Hi, My taskbar keeps resetting resetting its position from everytime when I boot up my laptop, I usually sets the taskbar at the center but when rebooted, the taskbar resets itself to the default position of windows 10.I tried running DISM and SFC command but it didn't...
  4. Taskbar resetting itself after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar resetting itself after reboot: Hi, My taskbar keeps resetting resetting its position from everytime when I boot up my laptop, I usually sets the taskbar at the center but when rebooted, the taskbar resets itself to the default position of windows 10.I tried running DISM and SFC command but it didn't...
  5. Taskbar resetting itself after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Minecraft Dungeons reset to Level 1

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Dungeons reset to Level 1: Hi, Yesterday i have installed and played Minecraft dungeons first time and leveled up to 20 and today when i logged in, it rest my progress to Level 1 and lost my charachters. Is there any way i can recall my yesterday progress. Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Reset but will not reboot after

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset but will not reboot after: Because of the update, my computer got stuck in the infinite loop of restarting and "PC did not start correctly" blah blah. So I decided to reset my PC because I have literally tried everything to fix the issue but could not do it. But now comes a new problem: my computer...
  8. Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot

Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot: I like to have my taskbar on double height and auto-hiding. But after every reboot, it gets set back to single height. Locking the taskbar in the registry doesn't help. I have scanned my current version for corrupted files and found none. In the past, it was never a...
  9. Treasure Hunt Game Resetting To Level 1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Treasure Hunt Game Resetting To Level 1.: why has treasure hunt reset to level one every time I try to play also have lost all my larger amounts of bombs etc gone back to 2 each. ***Edited Original Title From: re set***...
  10. Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot: As soon as I log off or reboot the VM W10 loses the double height taskbar. Is there a trick? I tried both small and normal taskbar icons. Also I have that jazz in the lower right corner of the desktop eval version etc. even though it says Windows Is Activated. It's English...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar size changes after each reboot

2. taskbar windows 10 changes color after resetting pc