Windows 10: Windows 10 resetting admin password

Discus and support Windows 10 resetting admin password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, recently i got an old computer and it has an admin and user account. I want to reset the password cause no one has it, I've tried other methods... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Moonexe212, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 resetting admin password

Hey, recently i got an old computer and it has an admin and user account. I want to reset the password cause no one has it, I've tried other methods such as making a .bat that installs it.
    set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvoker
    start MediaCreationTool20H2

I've also tried changing files in recovery mode to allow me to access the cmd to reset the password but that also asks for a password when it boots.
    and finally, I've tried to install windows on a jump drive I bought but I can't install it to the drive without the password.

this is the only computer in the house so I cant run a password fixer on this computer and change the admin.

Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/Moonexe212
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Moonexe212, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 4, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows 10 resetting admin password

Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

Try3, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 resetting admin password

1. Windows 10 resetting admin password - Similar Threads - resetting admin password

2. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  3. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  4. Admin password reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password reset: Hello So I am able to login into my account hence when I try to make changes and install need programs an admin sign in window pops out I forgot what password I set it as Any ideas Thank you submitted by /u/513111111 [link] [comments]...
  5. Reset Admin Password?

Reset Admin Password?: To make a long story short I cannot boot into windows. I only have the recovery options available to me. I’m these recovery options it asks for the administrator password (which I forgot). I can’t access any of the boot recovery options due to the unknown password. Is there...
  6. Reset Windows 10 without admin password

Reset Windows 10 without admin password: Hey have an old company laptop from when I upgraded. Our team can’t remember the admin password and was told to keep to do as I wish. I would like to use this computer for my wife but not sure how to reset it with out the admin password. Is there a way to reset the laptop to...
  7. Admin password reset for Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password reset for Win 10: Hi I was talking to my brother the other day and seems our father is getting some senility as he is over 70 and he seems to have forgotten his win 10 password so he can not get logged into his computer. I know they can use my brothers computer to access any email he might be...
  8. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  9. Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights: The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights. The network...
  10. reset admin password

in Windows 10 Support
    reset admin password: How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but;...