Windows 10: Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.720 It's been almost a month since Windows 10 resets all programs to its default Windows 10 programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MYZJforever..., Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot

Hi,

Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.720

It's been almost a month since Windows 10 resets all programs to its default Windows 10 programs automatically after restarting or shutting down the computer.

This situation is very frustrating and annoying.

It is not even possible to determine the cause.

In the "Event viewer" of windows, I also searched for the cause of the Apps reset butfound nothing!!!

Microsoft company:
    Please provide an update to fix the problem that many users are involved with.

Some websites have said that this is due to some programs installed on computers that traditionally set themselves as the default program instead of using the new Windows 10 method.

This is a problem for programmers and Windows users should not pay for it.

Even, Windows does not tell the user which program will cause this error so we can remove it !!!

Please either revert to the previous algorithm for setting default programs in Windows 10 or introduce the program that caused the problem or stop resetting default apps in windows 10!!!!

Because there are programmers who do not adhere to the new algorithm and the result will be user harassment.

Thank you.

:)

MYZJforever..., Mar 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.

This did not work for me. Please help.

AbhishekWagh, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Dipti_990 Win User
    Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.

There are a couple of programs that I like to have as my default programs, my Browser (Firefox) and my media player (VLC) and I can change them to be the defaults, BUT every time I restart or reboot my computer they get changed back to the windows defaults
    like Microsoft Edge. How can I prevent/stop this from changing each time I reboot?

Is there a way to make a script or batch file that runs at startup to change them back to what I want?

Dipti_990, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot

Default programs reset after every restart

Hi Fatih,

It can be corrupted or missing system files that are causing your default programs to reset after every restart. We suggest that you use the
    System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. You
    can also run the DISM scan, see steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt (Admin) option.

• Click on Yes and continue. Provide the administrator password if prompted.

• Check if it says Administrator: Command Prompt at the top of the command prompt window.

• Type the following commands in the CMD Prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If the issue still still occurs, you can try
    creating another account.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot

1. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot - Similar Threads - resetting default programs

2. Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files: Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files to edge everytime I open a pdf with a adobe program.My pdf program is Foxit and I really want that windows keeps the settings I change....
  3. Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files: Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files to edge everytime I open a pdf with a adobe program.My pdf program is Foxit and I really want that windows keeps the settings I change....
  4. Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot: If Windows 10 keeps resetting all your settings to default, then here are a few things you need to take a look at. Imagine all setting rest to default automatically every time you shut down or restart your computer. A few users have been complaining about the issue. Let’s see...
  5. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart: Every time I reset the default apps, reset the default by file type and then I restart and it goes back to Edge, Mail, and Photo viewer. How do I stop this???...
  6. Windows 10 Changes default programs on restart

Windows 10 Changes default programs on restart: I tried some of the suggested help but I am having same problem many time I have changed manually after reboot for required function. Again after the next reboot same problem persists. Kindly help to reset my default apps. for web browser, video player and image viewer...
  7. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.

Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.: There are a couple of programs that I like to have as my default programs, my Browser (Firefox) and my media player (VLC) and I can change them to be the defaults, BUT every time I restart or reboot my computer they get changed back to the windows defaults like Microsoft...
  8. Reset program windows to their default size and location

Reset program windows to their default size and location: Hello, I am a big fan of old MS-DOS games and I use DOSBox a lot to play them. The problem is, DOSBox changes the screen resolution (naturally) and after I return back to Windows, the window of many programs are resized. Windows Explorer, Settings, etc run in a small...
  9. Windows 10 start Menu resets to default after reboot

Windows 10 start Menu resets to default after reboot: Hello, i recently purchased new windows 10 laptop. Everything runs smooth however, whenever i try to change my menu layout or try to unpin applications from the start menu, it gets reset after rebooting the system. How can i fix this issue?...
  10. Reboot resets start menu to default

Reboot resets start menu to default: After the latest update my Start Menu always resets to default after every start/restart. I've done everything to fix the issue I've found in other forums (removing registry key & checking video drivers) when this issue has popped up before except create a new admin profile....