Windows 10: Windows 10 resetting to factory settings and deleting all files upon start up or restart

Discus and support Windows 10 resetting to factory settings and deleting all files upon start up or restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having this problem since I purchased my desktop. It is running Windows 10 Home edition. Each time the computer restarts or is shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KristenO2010, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 resetting to factory settings and deleting all files upon start up or restart

I have been having this problem since I purchased my desktop. It is running Windows 10 Home edition. Each time the computer restarts or is shut down completely, all of my settings and files are erased. This includes Chrome, my desktop background, and all the files/shortcuts I have downloaded. I have never had this happen before and am not sure what is causing the problem. Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

KristenO2010, Oct 14, 2019

2. Reset to factory settings

Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit.

It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted the computer and it started up with the HP symbol and a turning circle.....then HP symbol goes away but the spinning circle remains.

I got on the phone with HPsupport and he tried a few things that didn't work.....computer goes to HP as soon as the box gets here.

Any suggestions....I hate to be without my computer.

.thanks

jeanniespc, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Save files before resetting to factory settings

Hi Camille, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps:

Advanced Options - Automatic Repair screen - Command Prompt. Type there ‘notepad.exe’.

Notepad window –click on File. Open to locate the files that you’d like to copy to the USB.

Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Copy the files and folders that you want to save. Paste them in a new folder on the USB drive. Safe you the files you need repeating the above steps.

Once done, proceed with resetting your PC to factory settings.

NighthawkX, Oct 14, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 resetting to factory settings and deleting all files upon start up or restart

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 resetting to factory settings and deleting all files upon start up or restart

1. Windows 10 resetting to factory settings and deleting all files upon start up or restart - Similar Threads - resetting factory settings

2. Windows 10 Factory Reset Restart Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Factory Reset Restart Loop: So, recently, I preformed a factory reset on my computer, windows 10 and now everytime I restart, it takes me to the same restart screen. This screen asks me which region I'm in, my timezone, and what keyboard language I prefer. Then when I click next, it takes me to another...
  3. Windows 10 Factory Reset Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Factory Reset Restart Loop: So, recently, I preformed a factory reset on my computer, windows 10 and now everytime I restart, it takes me to the same restart screen. This screen asks me which region I'm in, my timezone, and what keyboard language I prefer. Then when I click next, it takes me to another...
  4. Windows 10 Factory Reset Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset: Hi All,Thanks in advance for reading this and for any offered advice!My laptop is a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. It overheated repeatedly in my laptop bag, turned off, and deleted my desktop files. I was able to recover older versions of these missing desktop files...
  6. Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset: Hi All,Thanks in advance for reading this and for any offered advice!My laptop is a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. It overheated repeatedly in my laptop bag, turned off, and deleted my desktop files. I was able to recover older versions of these missing desktop files...
  7. Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. files deleted upon restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files deleted upon restart: Hi, I just got a new pc and it came with windows installed. Now, when I restart my pc, most of my files get deleted. It does not happen if I power it off though. Any idea or solutions? Thanks in advance!...
  9. Windows resetting personal settings upon restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resetting personal settings upon restart: Recently I've been having trouble with Windows resetting my personalized settings upon restarting my PC. Things like my wallpaper and app locations stay the same but it's been disabling my ClearType and some other personalization settings like displaying thumbnails and...
  10. Windows 10 Settings crash upon start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings crash upon start up: I can't seem to open my settings app on my Windows 10. When I click "Settings" it only gets stuck on the loading screen see pic below, stays there for a few minutes, then crashes. I've tried making another user then opening Settings there, doesn't work. I've tried WSUS...