Windows 10: Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZacharySimandl, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port Primary MonitorAcer K272HL connected via HDMI Second monitor_Windows 10 21H1 updated on 31 August 2021I have tried:Removing the inactive monitors from device manager https://superuser.com/questions/453446/how-can-i-stop-windows-re-positioning-after-waking-from-sleep Changing some registry keys to the right resolution.

:)

ZacharySimandl, Oct 17, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Oct 17, 2021
  3. KateHuber Win User
    Open windows move and resize after sleep

I have a six month of Dell Vostro which came installed with Windows 10 Pro. Every time my computer sleeps when it wakes all open windows have shifted position and/or resized.

KateHuber, Oct 17, 2021
  4. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

W10 Moving Windows to Monitor 1 After Waking.

I run a two monitor setup, got a 1920x1080 main screen and had a 4:3 1280x1024 second monitor for a long time. But finally upgraded my second monitor last week to a 24" 1920x1080 Samsung LED. Scored it for $30, and super happy with it except one thing.

I use my main monitor for gaming. The second monitor holds my Steam Friends List and Steam Chat Windows. As well as Twitch App or Discord. The problem I'm having is since changing the monitor, when I wake the computer back up it moves all windows back to my main monitor. I don't ever let me HDDs sleep, just my screens turn off after a bit. Before the monitor swap it worked fine, nothing moved. After that just the windows move. I didn't change anything else, and icons still stay on screen 2.

But it's frustrating moving those windows back to monitor two every single time I wake the screens. I tried updating video drivers, but it doesn't fix it.

It works fine and remembers when not sleeping. I can move them over, then close the windows and fire them back up and they start on screen two. But once the monitors turn off, back to square one. Any ideas here?

Well, it seems to be some issue with how Display Port works. My 4:3 was running off my DP with a VGA converter. I figured the 1080p would be no different, was using a DP to HDMI adapter. But I guess DP turns off the signal and doesn't know what to do with the windows or something and moves them over the the HDMI monitor (since they must handle sleep differently). Using a DVI to HDMI adapter instead fixed it.

1Kurgan1, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

1. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - resizes moves waking

2. Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep: Like many others I found this to be a giant pain. Lock your computer or just walk away with programs up and come back to find them small and in the upper left corner.Well, this post by AndrejPirman...
  3. Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep: Like many others I found this to be a giant pain. Lock your computer or just walk away with programs up and come back to find them small and in the upper left corner.Well, this post by AndrejPirman...
  4. Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  6. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  7. Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer to sleep with the Sleep button on my Microsoft keyboard, when I wake it up again, the windows are moved & shrunk to half the length of the screen. How can I prevent this?...
  8. Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep: I have dual monitors and every time they wake from sleep, the windows that are open in the second monitor are resized and moved to the primary monitor. This is incredibly frustrating because it disrupts my workflow and I have to rearrange my windows every single time I wake...
  9. Windows are resized and moved after waking PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows are resized and moved after waking PC.: Problem: Windows 10 windows resized and moved after waking from sleep/monitor power save mode. I build this PC last week and even after updating everything and problem remained. So in the tradition of Mac Manager LISTSERV (RIP) of posting a "SUMMERY" of solution found for...
  10. Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep: System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080) OS: Windows 10 Pro (clean install) When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing windows are sized and positioned as if the display resolution had changed to a much lower value (e.g. 1024x768) during sleep but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screens change sides after waking from sleep