Windows 10: Windows 10 resizing all windows after coming out of "sleep" mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 resizing all windows after coming out of "sleep" mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Everytime my system sleeps it changes the windows to a smaller size and positions them to the top left side of the screen. This is a brand new Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TrevorPersson, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 resizing all windows after coming out of "sleep" mode.

Everytime my system sleeps it changes the windows to a smaller size and positions them to the top left side of the screen. This is a brand new Acer desktop with an Acer monitor, so everything should be default. How do I stop this annoyance from happening. I can see that this has been happening for almost 4 yrs as I look through forums, but none of their "fixes" apply to me ok, i didn't read everything out there.

:)

TrevorPersson, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 resizes and re-positions open windows after coming out of sleep mode

I have a new desktop PC with a new BenQ Display and everything seems to function perfectly except when the PC comes out of Sleep Mode, all of the windows which were open have been resized (down) and stacked on top of each other in the top left corner of
    the display.

One user with the same problem claimed that the problem resulted from Windows 10 creating a dummy monitor registry with the wrong values and suggested editing the registry. That appears to be out of my league of knowledge and safety.

Does anyone have any idea how this problem can be otherwise corrected?

Regards, Murray

Mistermonday, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 resizing all windows after coming out of "sleep" mode.

Windows 7 sleep mode shutsdown

Just a quick update: Windows no longer reverts back to the BIOS after sleep mode. I used CCleaner to fix the registry and that did the trick

GoFigureItOut, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 resizing all windows after coming out of "sleep" mode.

1. Windows 10 resizing all windows after coming out of "sleep" mode. - Similar Threads - resizing coming sleep

2. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  3. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  4. Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode: This questions was asked her, but has been locked and there is no solution yet. So I am asking it again so we can find a solution....
  5. Ethernet connection fails after coming out of sleep mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet connection fails after coming out of sleep mode Windows 10: Every 3rd or 4th time that my desktop comes out of sleep mode I lose my internet connection, wired. To regain the connection I have to restart the computer. This has been a recent event...it only started happening a few weeks ago. So, I went on device manager, to check...
  6. Windows 10 resizes and re-positions open windows after coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resizes and re-positions open windows after coming out of sleep mode: I have a new desktop PC with a new BenQ Display and everything seems to function perfectly except when the PC comes out of Sleep Mode, all of the windows which were open have been resized (down) and stacked on top of each other in the top left corner of the display. One...
  7. Laptop wont come out from sleep mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wont come out from sleep mode in windows 10: Hi there, this problem started to have recently and i did not update anything expect the graphic cards. So when i put my laptop on sleep mode from directly clicking on power button or going start - sleep. when i try to wake it up by moving my mouse or mousepad or keyboard...
  8. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  9. Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode: Purchased refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 SFF came with Win7. Performed update to Win10. I only use this machine for watching tv in a spare room, so no important data. No extra software / bloatware / antivirus / etc is installed on it. Only USB device is an IR receiver...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reduces all windows on sleep!