Windows 10: Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong

Discus and support Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi. Last night when i went to shut my computer down, it gave me the option to shut down and update, so i did that. Today, i turn my computer on and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by helpmeplease910, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong

hi. Last night when i went to shut my computer down, it gave me the option to shut down and update, so i did that. Today, i turn my computer on and now its all zoomed in. I go to the resolution display, it says its at 640 x 480 and it wont let me change it, the box is greyed out. I dont know what my recommended resolution is but i know its not that.

i went to the AMD control center and clicked on list all modes or whatever its called and tried to change the resolution there, none of it matches what the resolution was like yesterday. And all the options said 32 bit but my computer is 64 bit... how do i change the resolution??? Sorry if i didnt give enough info. I dont know anything about computers and this is the first time this has happened.

:)

helpmeplease910, Jun 12, 2019

2. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong

1. Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong - Similar Threads - Resolution display wrong

2. Recommended display resolution is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recommended display resolution is wrong: When I open Display settings and go to Scale and Layout the recommended resolution is 1024 x 768. I got this problem with my old pc and also with my new one so I don't think its a hardware issue, unless its the monitor, anything I can do to fix this? This issue stops me from...
  3. Windows 10 Resolution displaying improperly

Windows 10 Resolution displaying improperly: Hello! I'm having a problem with the Windows 10 resolution output to an older small TV that I use as a second monitor. I've been using it for about a year now, so I know it's not a problem with the Tv itself. My problem is that on that TV, it's not showing the resolution it...
  4. One of my monitors displays the wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One of my monitors displays the wrong resolution: I've got a laptop running Windows 10, and use the laptop monitor plus two external monitors, one via HDMI and another via VGA port. This has worked fine for years without any hardware changes. Recently when I come out of sleep, one of the monitors is displaying the wrong...
  5. Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution

Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution: My display resolution is 1920x1080. I have went into display settings and nvidia control panel and manually set everything to 1920x1080. To confirm, the option for 1920x1080 is showing up and it is showing up as applied. Went I open a program such as Firefox, Steam,...
  6. Wrong Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong Display Resolution: TLDR: Windows 10 won't show proper display resolution. 1920x1080 resolution shows up and shows applied, but is not actually applied. Google Search not helping. OG: Windows 10 will not display 1080p resolution and I am at a loss for what to do. I have uninstalled and...
  7. Displaying in Wrong Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying in Wrong Resolution: I have a monitor which displays 1440x900 but when I go into settings to try to change the resolution, it only gives me a few options, non of which are the correct resolution. This results in an incorrect aspect ratio and stretching. I've tried uninstalling the display adapter...
  8. Enable Windows 10 Display Resolution

Enable Windows 10 Display Resolution: I changed some setting in Win10 re screen fonts / text size a few months ago. A side effect of that was it disabled the screen resolution option. Now I need to re-enable it but cannot remember which setting it was. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks....
  9. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  10. windows boots in wrong resolution

windows boots in wrong resolution: when I boot windows it starts in 1024x768 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boots-in-wrong-resolution/5a6239d6-a4a2-4bff-8e27-543801467fed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 monitor resolution wrong