Windows 10: Windows 10 Resolution displaying improperly

Discus and support Windows 10 Resolution displaying improperly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I'm having a problem with the Windows 10 resolution output to an older small TV that I use as a second monitor. I've been using it for about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidBurkhead, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Resolution displaying improperly

Hello! I'm having a problem with the Windows 10 resolution output to an older small TV that I use as a second monitor. I've been using it for about a year now, so I know it's not a problem with the Tv itself. My problem is that on that TV, it's not showing the resolution it should be. In fact, every resolution option is the exact same on that monitor other then the minimum, which is worse. The screen's resolution is 1360 x 768, yet if I have the resolution on that it doesn't stretch all the way to the sides of the screen, and about half of the taskbar is offscreen. This morning is when the problem began, it was showing about 3/4 of the resolution centered in the screen. Later today it got smaller, now having about 1.5 inches of screen-bezel around it. it was thicker then the 1 inch frame of the Tv, I did a few restarts, and now I'm stuck with this resolution somewhere between the 1920x1080 and 1680 x 1050
    I looked this up and was made aware of someone else having the same problem, but swapped, their resolution randomly got larger, while mine got smaller. I figured the solution would work the same, so I looked in the replies and saw that I needed to roll back the graphics driver. I did that and the situation actually got far worse, as my main monitor then shut off, and I was unable to use anything from the VGA port on my laptop. I tried swapping the cables, and even another monitor.
    By the way I'm sorry my english is bad, this is kind of rushed because I use the double monitor setup for school stuff like having a resource and document up at once so I can swap between the two with them full sized to easily take notes Thank you for your time, and I would really appreciate if someone was able to help me, but if not I totally understand.

:)

DavidBurkhead, Feb 23, 2021
  2. bobengel Win User

Some applications display improperly

I have an RADEON 9600 SERIES video card and a couple of applictions fail to display properly even though I installed the latest drivers and ATI control panel.

The attached jpeg is a screen shot of the opening window for "My Registry Cleaner". The normal display should fill the entire beige colored window with buttons to activate the program. Regardless of the resolution settings, the window is only partially displayed. A few other programs also display improperly but not as badly as this one.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

bobengel, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Resolution displaying improperly

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Resolution displaying improperly

1. Windows 10 Resolution displaying improperly - Similar Threads - Resolution displaying improperly

2. Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution: My display resolution is 1920x1080. I have went into display settings and nvidia control panel and manually set everything to 1920x1080. To confirm, the option for 1920x1080 is showing up and it is showing up as applied. Went I open a program such as Firefox, Steam,...
  3. display resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display resolution: I cannot change one of my monitor's display resolution to 1920 x 1080 to fit on the screen. That is not a choice that is given and I cannot manually type in that ratio. Every now and then my one monitor does this and there is no rhyme or reason when it reverts back....
  4. Enable Windows 10 Display Resolution

Enable Windows 10 Display Resolution: I changed some setting in Win10 re screen fonts / text size a few months ago. A side effect of that was it disabled the screen resolution option. Now I need to re-enable it but cannot remember which setting it was. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks....
  5. Windows 10 improper fonts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 improper fonts: In windows 10, with i5 9400f and zotac 710 2gb graphics card and LG22 HD monitor. AFter complete installation, found the windows fonts looks horrible. I did all the possible troubleshooting. Updated latest drivers, did clear type fonts, fonts smooth setting and what not!!...
  6. Display resolution

Display resolution: I just reinstalled Windows10 after replacing the SSD. I have two displays. One is running at the recommended resolution of 1080 x 1920 but the other insists on 1024 x 768. I have tried to change the resolution using the Windows Settings Display page as well as the NVIDIA...
  7. Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong

Windows 10 Resolution display is wrong: hi. Last night when i went to shut my computer down, it gave me the option to shut down and update, so i did that. Today, i turn my computer on and now its all zoomed in. I go to the resolution display, it says its at 640 x 480 and it wont let me change it, the box is greyed...
  8. display resolution

display resolution: Every time I reboot my display resolution is incorrect. I select the 1920 X1080 (recommended) then select save message but it will not save it. the very next time I reboot it will default back to a lower resolution....
  9. Improper resolution of Documents folder?

Improper resolution of Documents folder?: I have used the Location tab on the Documents folder to move my folder to 'J:\Documents'. [img] In the registry I see these two keys: Code: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders] "Personal"="J:\\Documents"...
  10. Dedicated graphic card display improperly.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dedicated graphic card display improperly.: I bought new PC and connect my graphic card (GTX 1060) to HDMI port of my monitor. I also connect VGA ports of monitor and motherboard. The problem is the graphic card cannot display desktop icons, applications...... The screenshot I took show 2 desktops: normal one of Intel...