Windows 10: Windows 10 resolution, help

Discus and support Windows 10 resolution, help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer, and by some reason my resolution is off, before I had set it to 1440x900, witch is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnMothCC, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 resolution, help

So I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer, and by some reason my resolution is off, before I had set it to 1440x900, witch is my recommended setting, now whenever i select that option, it crops the sides of my screen, any help is appreciated.

:)

JohnMothCC, Sep 22, 2019

2. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 resolution, help

Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 resolution, help

1. Windows 10 resolution, help - Similar Threads - resolution help

2. Wrong resolution help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong resolution help: My pc is natively running in 2560x1440 on my desktop but whenever I boot in a game like fortnite or destiny, my resolution drops down to 1920x1080. Changing the settings in game will result in a crash. This has happened after turning on AMD RSR which I turned off, causing...
  3. Wrong resolution help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong resolution help: My pc is natively running in 2560x1440 on my desktop but whenever I boot in a game like fortnite or destiny, my resolution drops down to 1920x1080. Changing the settings in game will result in a crash. This has happened after turning on AMD RSR which I turned off, causing...
  4. My display is stuck on 1024 x 726 resolution. I NEED help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display is stuck on 1024 x 726 resolution. I NEED help.: My display is stuck on 1024 x 726 resolution. I feel like I have tried everything. I have tried turning it on and off. I have tried installing new drivers. I have a NIVIDIA 3060 RTX Ti and I would like help to make it work. I think my problem is with my graphics card, but I...
  5. My display is stuck on 1024 x 726 resolution. I NEED help.

My display is stuck on 1024 x 726 resolution. I NEED help.: My display is stuck on 1024 x 726 resolution. I feel like I have tried everything. I have tried turning it on and off. I have tried installing new drivers. I have a NIVIDIA 3060 RTX Ti and I would like help to make it work. I think my problem is with my graphics card, but I...
  6. Display resolution screen is split a lot... Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display resolution screen is split a lot... Need help: For some reason, when I woke up fro my nap, my screen's resolution split into two, one being blurry and dark while the very top is clear as it should be the normal.. Right now I do not know what happened nor how to fix it, I really need help fixing it as texts and other...
  7. Display resolution screen is split a lot... Need help

Display resolution screen is split a lot... Need help: For some reason, when I woke up fro my nap, my screen's resolution split into two, one being blurry and dark while the very top is clear as it should be the normal.. Right now I do not know what happened nor how to fix it, I really need help fixing it as texts and other...
  8. Can somjeone help me understand how to continue with this thred or look for a resolution....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can somjeone help me understand how to continue with this thred or look for a resolution....: "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-network-has-been-hijacked-by-an/c91fe5aa-0907-431d-835c-8919076d1d3c?LastReply=true#LastReply...
  9. Can somjeone help me understand how to continue with this thred or look for a resolution....

Can somjeone help me understand how to continue with this thred or look for a resolution....: "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-network-has-been-hijacked-by-an/c91fe5aa-0907-431d-835c-8919076d1d3c?LastReply=true#LastReply...
  10. Can somjeone help me understand how to continue with this thred or look for a resolution....

in Windows 10 Customization