Windows 10: Windows 10 Resolution Keeps Resetting

Discus and support Windows 10 Resolution Keeps Resetting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have added a custom resolution to Windows 10, via the NVidia graphics card Control Panel see image below: [ATTACH] and then: [ATTACH] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Krzyst0, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Krzyst0 Win User

Windows 10 Resolution Keeps Resetting

I have added a custom resolution to Windows 10, via the NVidia graphics card Control Panel see image below:

Windows 10 Resolution Keeps Resetting b69786d3-cad3-4a51-9806-434f3a9fd3c3?upload=true.png

and then:

Windows 10 Resolution Keeps Resetting 3c4e959b-2989-4208-b187-331f30c9e71e?upload=true.png

This setting works perfectly well with my graphics card and monitors though it's not a default monitor resolution.

It then shows up in the Windows 10 > Settings > Display resolutions:

Windows 10 Resolution Keeps Resetting b438f03d-98b1-404c-8de8-d4ddf171c507?upload=true.png

However, when I Shutdown and Restart the computer, the resolution is no longer in the list and the display setting reverts to the previous setting. I have repeated this process over and over for about a month, and despite new Windows updates, it continues to be a problem.

Can anyone offer a solution to stop this changing ?

I am using Windows 10 Pro Build 20226.rs_prerelease.200925-1415

:)

Krzyst0, Oct 1, 2020

2. Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Resolution Keeps Resetting

Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Problem

Hi Watashi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Resolution Keeps Resetting

1. Windows 10 Resolution Keeps Resetting - Similar Threads - Resolution Keeps Resetting

2. Screen resolution keeps getting reset to 3360 x 2400

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution keeps getting reset to 3360 x 2400: I tried changing display resolution to 1920 x 1200 and keep changes, but it always gets reset to 3360 x 2400. This is a Win10 virtual machine on VMWare Fusion 12.2.1...
  3. Reset Windows 10 but keep Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 but keep Data: Hello everyone, I have my old laptop that I am trying to salvage. It looks like it has some registry data corruption and I've finally given up on trying to fix it. I do not have the recovery software anymore from when I bought the laptop. Therefore I do not also know what...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Keeps on Resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Keeps on Resetting: Windows 10 Pro OS keeps on resetting. Even though I have reinstalled the OS within a day itself it starts to reset everything. Even I tried disassembling my PC, formatted my hardisk completely, scanned my files for virus not affected any files using Anti-virus software...
  5. computer resolution keeps changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer resolution keeps changing: My display resolution keeps changing from native (1680x1050) to the lowest setting (800x600) for no reason. i tried to look up ways to fix it but nothing works, all my drivers are updated but it keeps happening. its happens when i'm in the middle of playing a game or watching...
  6. Windows 10 TV Resolution resetting

Windows 10 TV Resolution resetting: On a windows 10 PC, I have two displays hooked up. An LG TV with a resolution of 1920x1080, connected via hdmi and a monitor with a resolution of 1680x1050, connected via vga. I don't use duplicate or extended screens, it's either the one or the other. The problem is, when I...
  7. Reset screen resolution in windows 10

Reset screen resolution in windows 10: I got a message indicating that my screen resolution was not optimized and after i clicked on it my resolution was reset to a very high level with the result that i got another message on my screen saying “ not supported” and cannot get beyond that at all even after rebooting...
  8. windows 10 keeps resetting UAC

windows 10 keeps resetting UAC: How to FORCE windows 10 to stop resetting my UAC settings. (user account control) It keeps resetting after every restart ALL my computers have this same problem UAC wont stay OFF....
  9. Resolution keeps dropping at login

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution keeps dropping at login: Hey folks, weird problem here. I have a dell ultrasharp monitor hooked up via DisplayPort to my desktop, which is running 64 bit Win 10. Graphics card is a Radeon 200 series (specifically an R9 270x) with up-to-date drivers. Pretty much every time I have to login to windows,...
  10. windows 10 resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 resolution: Hello guys im new to this forum and i need some help, all my resolution is normal and everything is normal but when i click settings its like vibrating the image and then it goes back to normal..and if i click anything in settings it does the same thing its like vibrating or...