Windows 10: Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry)

Discus and support Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well i just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday it is all great and all but i am having a problem with the screen First i did is I installed all drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scorpionma, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry)

Well i just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday it is all great and all but i am having a problem with the screen
    First i did is I installed all drivers and i made sure i installed the right one(i have amd radeon hd 6450)
    my problem is that everything is small and blurry so i went and set the size of texts,apps and other to 125%
    that made things bigger but still kinda small and its very blurry
    look at how blurry it is

Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry) [​IMG]

My resolution is set to 1440x900 which is the same as the screen's and the recommended one
    I have also installed the same driver so i am 100% positive i have the right driver
    Thanks for the help

:)

scorpionma, Aug 2, 2015

2. Blurry Icons and Fonts Windows 10 on 1366*768 monitor

On the blurry full screen start I have checked on the windows 10 laptops with a resolution of 1366 x 768 and i have seen the problem still persists. so its a windows bug not a driver problem.

Timon Ochieng, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Texasmarv Win User
    Screen resolution problem

Windows 10 has been no problem for me until now. The screen resolution has changed, and I have not been able to resolve the problem. Native resolution for my hp w1907 monitor is 1440x900, but now it seems to be running at 1280x960. Text is blurry and
    circles are distorted. The correct resolution is not available in anything I have tried.

Texasmarv, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry)

I have the same problem 1440x900 is my default Res and everything still looks blurry. I have all my setting at 100% dpi as well. All drivers are up to date and the monitor is a Emachines-e19t6w which looked great on windows vista,7,8 and 8.1. I also found corrupt text in the Device Manager list.

Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry) [​IMG]

Device Manager>disk driver properties>policies
    This is Windows 10 Pro retail

Update: Source of corrupt text seems to be from changing the default font in windows regedit>MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2. I wanted to change my default font for windows to Tahoma like I've done in all other windows versions. The default setting or Font in windows 10 is Microsoft Sans Serif for Dlg and Tahoma for Dlg 2. There is now way for fix the broken text, you must do a Full re-install or Refresh. So in trying to fix the blurry text issue with my windows I've actually found/created another problem.

CarbonSoul, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Same problem with my two installs. One on Macbook Pro with retina screen and the other on a Dell Precision M4600 with 1920x1080 resolution.

z31fanatic, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Well for me I did an upgrade to my previous windows 8 ,not a clean install
    I got this fixed by creating a new account
    Trty making a new account and going there
    If it works copy all the files from c:/users/previousaccount name to c:/users/newaccountname
    Discovered this when my PC bsoded and for some reason windows had to make a temp account
    Please tell me it if works so I can close the thread if not week keep mtrying until we fix this*Wink

scorpionma, Aug 27, 2015
  7. No, the New Account test did not work, also only use a Local account so its fresh everytime.

I actually did a Real Full Clean install of Windows 10 Pro and it still looks the same. Created a media disk from windows website (media creation tool), used ProduKey v1.80 to find win10pro key and wiped the SSD and Installed. Yes it did full activate again, no issues there.

I've tried all the DPI fixes i could find with no luck of getting the blurriness out of all the text. I messed with Cleartype, regedits and drivers. This is a windows issues all the way, fixed all my programs by Right clicking there EXE's>going to Properties>Compatibility tab and checked the Disable scaling dpi box. This doesn't help with the Start menu, Toolbar, right click popup and tooltips blurriness. I'm guessing that the same rendering settings for the Modern UI apps is also used for these.

CarbonSoul, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry)

1. Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry) - Similar Threads - resolution problem blurry

2. blurry text with screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blurry text with screen resolution: I have purchased an LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5.Something is weird with the screen resolution. The default configuration is 1920x1080 and a 150% zoom on screen.Seems to be fine, but some text or icons on some apps are blurry or very small. For instance interface on...
  3. Windows 10 resolution problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 resolution problem: Hello, I don't know anything about PCs so here I am. My resolution suddenly changed to 1600x1200 from Idk what was the settings before but I have a MSI Optix G24 Series monitor with an AMD Radeon r7 video card. I looked up in google what would be the recommended resolution...
  4. Windows 10 resolution problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 resolution problem: Hello, this is the first time I ever ask something here and I am really desperate: This evening I downloaded a video game. It has the option to be played in window mode or in full screen. I started playing in full screen but noticed that somehow in fullscreen it looked worse...
  5. Windows 10 resolution problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 resolution problem: Hello, this is the first time I ever ask something here and I am really desperate: This evening I downloaded a video game. It has the option to be played in window mode or in full screen. I started playing in full screen but noticed that somehow in fullscreen it looked worse...
  6. Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen: I have a 4K screen operating on Windows 10. On some applications, the windows and text appear extremely small. Looking online, the solution was to turn on comparability mode for Windows 8 and override DPI scaling. Although this fixes the issue of extremely small windows and...
  7. Windows 10 resolution problems, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 resolution problems, help?: I had Win10 less tan 24 hours and i just cannot believe that i cannot stop finding design flaws, here are just three of them: 1- You cannot configure in any possible way the lock screen. You need to have a very specific resolution for the image you want to put as principal,...
  8. Windows 10 resolution problem.

Windows 10 resolution problem.: Just installed WIndows 10, changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and some off the items on the screen appear half, some items are gone. Everything is so small. Currently on a TV and I didn't have this problem on Windows 8.1 9340
  9. Windows 10 Resolution Problem

Windows 10 Resolution Problem: I accidentally unplugged my monitor from the wall, after plugging it back in everything on my screen is bigger than it should be. I tried changing resolution but the max resolution still makes everything a lot bigger than it was before the accidental unplugging. The max...
  10. Blurry Monitor after resolution change

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Monitor after resolution change: Hi. I've read through a number of similar problems but can't find a solution. I have a 28 inch Samsung 4K monitor but was running it on its recommended resolution of 1920x1080. Everything looked clear and good. I switched it to 4K to see what the difference was. Since I...