Windows 10: Windows 10 resolution problem

Discus and support Windows 10 resolution problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, this is the first time I ever ask something here and I am really desperate: This evening I downloaded a video game. It has the option to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Guma006, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Guma006 Win User

Windows 10 resolution problem

Hello, this is the first time I ever ask something here and I am really desperate:
    This evening I downloaded a video game. It has the option to be played in window mode or in full screen. I started playing in full screen but noticed that somehow in fullscreen it looked worse so I continued playing in a 1920x1080 window.
    I cant recall the exact steps of how it happened, but after closing the game, my desktop was bigger than before and it didnt fit the screen, so the edges are cut and you can see only half of the task bar.
    I have played many different games in this PC in full screen mode and never had this happen to me, I just closed them and they sent me back to the desktop with no problem. I could even switch between open programs with alt+F4 and it didnt change the resolution at all. But after playing this game it messed up.
    I have spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how to change the resolution back to default but there is no way. I have tried the following:
    changing it from window's settings
    Restarting it/ Turning it on and off
    changing it from Nvidia control panel (there is an option where you can move arrows to select the screen size but that wont do, I just want it how it was before by default)
    Booting up in safe mode and changing it from there
    modifying the DPI settings from the game application
    Updating the screen and Nvidia drivers(they were updated)
    Also changing some setting related to the startup applications I think.

Honestly, I dont really know that much about PC stuff I only know that my OS is Windows 10 and my graphic card is Nvidia, also english is not my mother language so sorry if my wording is wrong; Im just tired because I feel like there has to be an easier solution that I just cant seem to find.
    I will be keeping up with the post you I will answer whatever you ask me in order to get this solved.
    thank you for your replies.

:)

Guma006, Sep 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Problem

Hi Watashi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2020
  4. NsAnswes Win User

Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Problem

To add to this solution, also try Monitors. Right click on the driver and
    Update Driver Settings, browse my computer for driver, uncheck - Show compatible hardware and select from the list the manufacturer and model of your PC.

Hopefully that should work too. (Don't forget to restart after you have applied changes).

NsAnswes, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 resolution problem - Similar Threads - resolution problem

2. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  3. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  4. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  5. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  6. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. RESOLUTION PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESOLUTION PROBLEM: so when i check in my display settings in my display menu it shows that "optimum mode resolution 1920x1080" but when i want to change the resolution through windows i says it only supports 1024x768 what do i do? monitor model: Samsung S22C170...
  8. RESOLUTION PROBLEM

RESOLUTION PROBLEM: so when i check in my display settings in my display menu it shows that "optimum mode resolution 1920x1080" but when i want to change the resolution through windows i says it only supports 1024x768 what do i do? monitor model: Samsung S22C170...
  9. RESOLUTION PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Display/Resolution Problem

Display/Resolution Problem: Hello, I have a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 laptop with Windows 11 which I bought recently, and I've been facing a really weird problem: I sometimes can't change resolution because the option is grayed out: I enter the display settings, right before the resolution...