Windows 10: Windows 10 resolution problems, help?

Discus and support Windows 10 resolution problems, help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had Win10 less tan 24 hours and i just cannot believe that i cannot stop finding design flaws, here are just three of them: 1- You cannot configure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/D88M, Jan 18, 2020.

1. /u/D88M Win User

Windows 10 resolution problems, help?

I had Win10 less tan 24 hours and i just cannot believe that i cannot stop finding design flaws, here are just three of them:

1- You cannot configure in any possible way the lock screen. You need to have a very specific resolution for the image you want to put as principal, or is gonna look awful.

In the same way, you cannot configure at what resolution the other images are gonna be displayed, if they are gonna fit the screen or be a mosaic or at the center or whatever, so everything looks either cropped or pixelated.

2-You cannot change the resolution of the screensaver, same problem as the presentation in the lock screen. You can choose your own picture, but no how they are gonna be displayed, fit the screen and etcterea, resulting in either cropped or pixelated pictures.

3-You cannot change how the wallpapers are gonna be displayed, despite the options saying otherwise. I have 1360x768, in Windows 7 i can put a wallpaper with a bigger resolution than that and it fits the whole screen, in Windows 10 the images are at the middle of the screen, or some random bullsh!t.

Did anybody else could fix these problems? Honestly i doubt it, they seem to stem from Windows 10 non user friendly design, but i would love to actually personalize my computer for once, i had no problema with Windows 7.

submitted by /u/D88M
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/D88M, Jan 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Problem

Hi Watashi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 resolution problems, help? - Similar Threads - resolution problems help

2. Windows 10 resolution problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 resolution problem: Hello, I don't know anything about PCs so here I am. My resolution suddenly changed to 1600x1200 from Idk what was the settings before but I have a MSI Optix G24 Series monitor with an AMD Radeon r7 video card. I looked up in google what would be the recommended resolution...
  3. Windows 10 resolution problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 resolution problem: Hello, this is the first time I ever ask something here and I am really desperate: This evening I downloaded a video game. It has the option to be played in window mode or in full screen. I started playing in full screen but noticed that somehow in fullscreen it looked worse...
  4. Windows 10 resolution problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 resolution problem: Hello, this is the first time I ever ask something here and I am really desperate: This evening I downloaded a video game. It has the option to be played in window mode or in full screen. I started playing in full screen but noticed that somehow in fullscreen it looked worse...
  5. Windows 10 resolution, help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 resolution, help: So I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer, and by some reason my resolution is off, before I had set it to 1440x900, witch is my recommended setting, now whenever i select that option, it crops the sides of my screen, any help is appreciated....
  6. Windows resolution problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows resolution problem: Hello Windows 10 starts up in a resolution to big for my tv screen. Ive Ive t typing change res in settings but I cant cant change it because everything opens off screen so i cant see or use it. Im stuck in the top left staring at 6 massive icons on a large tv screen...
  7. Problems on windows 10 screen resolution

Problems on windows 10 screen resolution: I have several critics of win10 on the screen resolution, where it never looks good for all applications, a nonsense compared to the previous resolutions (win7, win8) where you did not need to move/configure each application. The MS so far, after 2 years, did not works good...
  8. Windows 10 resolution problem.

Windows 10 resolution problem.: Just installed WIndows 10, changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and some off the items on the screen appear half, some items are gone. Everything is so small. Currently on a TV and I didn't have this problem on Windows 8.1 9340
  9. Windows 10 Resolution Problem

Windows 10 Resolution Problem: I accidentally unplugged my monitor from the wall, after plugging it back in everything on my screen is bigger than it should be. I tried changing resolution but the max resolution still makes everything a lot bigger than it was before the accidental unplugging. The max...
  10. Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry): Well i just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday it is all great and all but i am having a problem with the screen First i did is I installed all drivers and i made sure i installed the right one(i have amd radeon hd 6450) my problem is that everything is small and blurry so i...