Windows 10: Windows 10 Resolving host issue affecting all browsers but Opera

Discus and support Windows 10 Resolving host issue affecting all browsers but Opera in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is an chestnut that I know has seen many posts here, but having read some I am still bothered by this vexing issue. Every so often when I am... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mr Morgan, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Mr Morgan Win User

Windows 10 Resolving host issue affecting all browsers but Opera

This is an chestnut that I know has seen many posts here, but having read some I am still bothered by this vexing issue.

Every so often when I am using Chrome on my Windows 10 Version 1909 PC, Chrome freezes and displays message "Resolving host". At the same time, browsers Firefox, Edge, Vivaldi also effectively die. Some web services are also affected. Oddly, Opera browser remains stable and continues to run. I also have the latest versions of all the browsers mentioned as well.

Given the above, it is seemingly a Windows setting that is wrong rather than a browser setting.And the only solution I am aware of at present is to reboot the PC in question, and this can take some time. But of course the issue returns.

Other threads and websites refer to: using Google's DNS server, flushing Windows DNS and TCP/IP settings, clearing old browsing history and removing extensions. I have also disabled page pre-fetching in Chrome Version 84.

I have tried all of these without success. So, can anyone advise what else I might try?

Thanks

:)

Mr Morgan, Jul 26, 2020
  2. DCC
    DCC Win User

Resolving Host - Chrome + Windows 10

My experience :

Chrome + Windows 10 = endlessly resolving host.

Firefox + Windows 10 = zero resolving host issues.

I guess I wills stick with Firefox, but it would be nice to get Chrome working properly with W10. I have tried just about every suggestion that I have found on the web, but no luck. Anyone want to offer an idea.

Thx.

3. Feb Windows10 update freeze and messed up my Opera browser!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the issues you are facing in installing the Windows Updates and accessing Opera browser on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that when you are trying to install the updates, Windows might reboot for a few number times.

The time it takes to install the update depends on Internet connection, size of the update being installed etc..

• Do let us know if you are referring to navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your computer?

If you are facing issues in accessing navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser then, I suggest you to uninstall the browser, re-install the latest version and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Opera
      browser and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Try to download Opera browser from the below link using Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge

Download Opera for Computers

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Resolving host issue affecting all browsers but Opera

Opera 10 in development.

That's good news!

Opera (now free too, bonus) is already the FASTEST browser there is, & has been for quite some time!

Good Equation: Smallest download, smallest code in memory -> largest performance!

For evidence of that, check these 2 often widely referenced tests (multi-OS platform tests too):

Browser speed comparisons

&

Which New Browser Is Best: Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7, or Opera 9? - ExtremeTech

Opera also fully passed the "ACID2" test & the others have not!

Opera started things like tabbed browsing & other features that FireFox/Mozilla & IE just copied later... or, just don't have!

Such as:

• Content blocking
    • BitTorrent support, Widgets
    • Search engine editor
    • Site preferences
    • New installer. One package—30 languages
    • Integrated source viewer
    • opera:config for advanced settings configuration
    • Tab use best: Thumbnails when you hover the cursor over a tab.
    • Integrated email
    • Integrated IRC
    * Opera is also the one w/ the least bugs &/or security holes found, typically year-in & year-out... AND, is fully "extensible" (like FireFox/Mozilla are via their addons) via "widgets" as well!

APK

P.S.=> It has site by site blocking, OR cascading user style sheets (you can use these BOTH for adbanner blocking for instance) as well...

By hand? Well, I do it, & you can really "extend" it for security, to-the-max, @ a browser level ontop of what you may do @ a router/hardware level, NIC settings levels, The OS' IP stack levels via registry hacks/tunes & also Software Firewalls in software &/or HOSTS files usage (from my ramdrive for speed of access)...

BUT, even more, such as Java on/off, JavaScript on/off, Cookies on a site-per-site basis - you name it! Easily GUI configurable!

(and if you want to get "radical" even MORE on an Opera .ini file level for more speed + security as well...)... apk

Alec§taar, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Resolving host issue affecting all browsers but Opera

1. Windows 10 Resolving host issue affecting all browsers but Opera - Similar Threads - Resolving host issue

2. Opera Browser sync issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera Browser sync issue: I am using a laptop and it has 2 different user accounts. One is my administrator account and other is a standard account. I user Opera browser and the second account uses Chrome. But whenever there is a popup, it opens the opera browser with everything my account, passwords,...
  3. Opera Browser sync issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera Browser sync issue: I am using a laptop and it has 2 different user accounts. One is my administrator account and other is a standard account. I user Opera browser and the second account uses Chrome. But whenever there is a popup, it opens the opera browser with everything my account, passwords,...
  4. Opera gx browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera gx browser: For some reason whenever i download or am about to download a file the opera window turns red in my task bar even when the download is sucsessful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-gx-browser/137d2a91-13f1-4bbf-9408-4ac0eed92c88
  5. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  6. Problem with Opera browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Opera browser: A version of the Opera browser has been working okay in a Debian Jessie system for about 9 months. Suddenly certain features no longer work :- (1) Can't open attachments in emails, especially PDF attachments. (2) Can't use ALT-P to clear cache/cookies Can anyone explain...
  7. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  8. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  9. Google Chrome - Resolving Hosts Issue

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome - Resolving Hosts Issue: I'm interested if anyone has information regarding the Resolving Hosts issue on Chrome. For several weeks, while using Chrome, most web pages took quite a long time to load. The browser flashed the message in the lowerbar "resolving hosts". After quite a bit of research,...
  10. Latest Opera browser

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Opera browser: I've recently installed the new Opera browser. and so far am liking it. I've usually used Chrome, and like that, too. I did a little testing on my own, using Task Mgr. I find that Opera uses substantially less resources than Chrome. I like many of the Opera features, such...