Windows 10: Windows 10 restart after shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 restart after shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys. I have a problem with windows 10. My computer restarts after a few seconds of shutting down. I've been having this issue for months. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigBossXDiana, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 restart after shutdown

Hey guys. I have a problem with windows 10. My computer restarts after a few seconds of shutting down. I've been having this issue for months. I tried every fix such as turning of fast start up and running a virus scan. I am not sure if it's even a hardware or software problem at this point. Please let me know. Thanks.

submitted by /u/BigBossXDiana
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigBossXDiana, Oct 1, 2020
  2. little cat, Oct 1, 2020
  3. grandekid Win User
    Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Oct 1, 2020
  4. StefanM Win User

Windows 10 restart after shutdown

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

When you say "force shutdown" you mean you hit the power button?

Try from a CLI:
    shutdown.exe /force

StefanM, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 restart after shutdown

1. Windows 10 restart after shutdown - Similar Threads - restart shutdown

2. Restart/Shutdown BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart/Shutdown BSOD: Hello everybody, for the past couple months I have been having this specific BSOD on my Acer Nitro 5 laptop after a factory restore (I was hit by a trojan by the name of Direct Game UNI Installer while trying to download a game) and have ran countless antivirus scans with...
  3. Not able to shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to shutdown or restart: Hi Every time when i trying to shutdown or restart PC it says like some program is preventing you from shutdown or restart, and for some application chrome and visual studio even after closing them,its still running in the task manager i have tried ending them via command...
  4. Desktop icon reverting its position after a shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon reverting its position after a shutdown/restart: I had a fresh installation of Windows recently on my SSD, and for the past days the desktop icon i have placed and positioned comfortably just kept reverting to their original locations when they were installed instead of the locations that i've placed them in....
  5. Windows 10 Showing "Update and Shutdown" and "Update and Restart" in Start.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Showing "Update and Shutdown" and "Update and Restart" in Start.: I have updated my Windows 10 Today. Now, My windows 10 is always showing "update and shutdown" and "update and restart" in power menu. When you select any of them, windows would restart or shutdown much slower, but no updates would be installed. When system is on again, those...
  6. Every time I restart or shutdown my PC, I see this statement(this app is preventing the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I restart or shutdown my PC, I see this statement(this app is preventing the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeKappi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgadkg/every_time_i_restart_or_shutdown_my_pc_i_see_this/
  7. Windows 10 Update 2004 Problem: Shutdown button makes Restart my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 2004 Problem: Shutdown button makes Restart my computer: When I press Shutdown button my computer restarts after update 2004. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Motherrboard: Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha CPU: Ryzen Threadripper 1920x Memory: 32 Graphics: Zotac RTX 2060...
  8. BSOD on shutdown or restart (Page error in non paged area)

BSOD on shutdown or restart (Page error in non paged area): Hello, recently I have encountered an issue where BSOD's occur on shutdown and restart. It happens everytime with no exceptions. Im very tech illiterate and am not sure what other information should be provided but I am happy to accommodate. Windows version: 2004 (OS Build...
  9. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...: hi everyone i recently get bsod everytime i try to shut down/restart my windows. It's display DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE i managed to locate and analyze the minidump in C:\Windows\minidump with WinDbg, but i dont understand the results of what cause the bsod or something....
  10. Windows Start Menu Closes Automatically even after Restart / Shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu Closes Automatically even after Restart / Shutdown: The Windows 10 Start Menu closes automatically when I type anything into it after hitting the windows key, or when moving my mouse. In addition, all metro-based applications Such as Windows Update will also automatically close after a second or so of being open. Restarting...