Windows 10: Windows 10 Restart horrifically slow

Discus and support Windows 10 Restart horrifically slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; O great greetings in the top of the morning! I very seldom shut down or restart this ASUS laptop but I noticed lately, restarting it is a real joy!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Maggidon, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Maggidon Win User

Windows 10 Restart horrifically slow

O great greetings in the top of the morning!
    I very seldom shut down or restart this ASUS laptop but I noticed lately, restarting it is a real joy! Like, try 80 to 90 seconds. Shutting down is fast and restarting is fast.
    Here's some of the attempts I've made to overcome it all to now avail.

1) I've disabled the Fast Startup
    2) I've done a Checkdisk upon reboot
    3) I've disconnected the Backup drive
    4) I've tweaked the Registry, e.g. NUM][FONT=&quot]\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management.[/FONT][/NUM]
    • Change the value of ClearPageFile at Shutdown to a 0 IF the value is 1.
    (Mine was 0 already)

5) Also did this ...

• Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    • Ensure you have selection box over Control in the left pane then seek for WaitToKillServiceTimeout in the right pane of the registry editor window.
    • If you are unable to find the value then right-click in an empty area (on the right-pane of Registry editor Window) and Choose New > String Value.
    • Name this String as WaitToKillServiceTimeout and then Open it.
    • Set its value between 1000 to 20000 which indicates a range of 1 to 20 seconds respectively.
    (Mine is 5000)

6) I've done the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    (And then I ran the sfc /scannow)

And so I'm at a total loss as why none of these solutions have worked.

Any ideas ... fire them off this way. Thanks!

:)

Maggidon, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Windows 10 Restart horrifically slow :mad:

scevism, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Restart horrifically slow - Similar Threads - Restart horrifically slow

2. Horrific Pink Blocking! Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Horrific Pink Blocking! Help: Hi, I am new here, since win98 I have never had a problem I could not solve but this one as me stumped. A gentleman posted about the same issue last year, but got no resolution, so JimDirt, if you are out there and sorted it please let me know how you did it. I have done...
  3. Windows 10 slow restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow restart: Since upgrading to Windows 10, I've found restarts to be incredibly slow. Shutdown is fine, startup is fine. It's only when I do a restart. On my main computer Dell Optiplex 9020, Win 10 Pro 64 bit v20H2, Intel i5, SSD, 16 GB DDR3, the restart screen lasts for 30 seconds,...
  4. Microsoft has horrific customer service....

Microsoft has horrific customer service....: Microsoft in the past has been fairly good with the customer service they have provided, even being outsourced oversea . My recent experience was horrendous . The Philippine call routing service was so bad it took 10 calls and close to 5 hours on hold just to...
  5. Windows 10 no boot, no restart, slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 no boot, no restart, slow: Hello, guys... I have new gaming PC at beginning I had sometimes a little problem, which was solved by restart. Now... whenever I try to start PC, the windows 10 takes 3minutes to load,... when I try restart, it takes 5minutes sometimes it doesnt even load and the circle is...
  6. slow restart in Windows 10

slow restart in Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 have a slow restart (more than 80 seconds). I tried all the following: 1. Turn on fast startup was unchecked in power options 2. Windows Search service was disabled 3. Windows backup service was disabled 4. Service SysMain was disabled But nothing...
  7. Slow restart windows 10 solved

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow restart windows 10 solved: Hi Guys, After a long search on te web I finally found a sollution to my problem with the restart issue. If shutdown works fine but the restart takes like minutes or hours or forever the following steps can work: 1. start regedit in administrator modus. 2. find registry...
  8. Why is access to files in Explorer so horrifically slow?

Why is access to files in Explorer so horrifically slow?: This is sadly a topic I've seen complained about many How is it that the world's best (supposedly) OS, windows 10, can't manage to let me open a folder of music files and like click on "album" to list files by album without making me wait literally 5 to 10 minutes for that...
  9. Slow restarting win 10

Slow restarting win 10: I reinstalled windows 10 about 30 days ago I have been able to keep it malware and virus free, I have run the Windows download virus scan and I use Malware anti-malware. But when I restart my desktop i7 860 it stops at the bio's screen when I can choose f9 or f10 to change...
  10. Windows 10 Slow on Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Slow on Restart: Hi Guys, I have recently just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 via the recommended way. However, I have noticed it take a bit longer to start up and restart than Windows 8, it's like I have gone back to Win Vista or 7. Firstly is this just teething issues and does...