Windows 10: Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

Discus and support Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have Asus X540Y laptop which I had bought 2 years before. Laptop was running good but since last 5-6 months it was showing blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Denkoneko, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Denkoneko Win User

Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE IMG_20190516_222621.jpg
    I have Asus X540Y laptop which I had bought 2 years before. Laptop was running good but since last 5-6 months it was showing blue screen restart issue any time. Initially I was ignoring this issue. But gradually problem was happening more frequent. There was no such symptoms that I could doubt on my laptop. I researched on google. There were so many suggestions given to resolve this issue. But almost all was in vain. I tried some of those suggestions also.

Suggestion 1- Update your driver and windows.

I updated my all drivers and updated windows 10 to latest May 2019 major update also. But it did not help.

Suggestion 2- Clean your window.

I cleaned my windows 10 by resetting it to newly fresh windows option available in setting menu. It also did not help.

Suggestion 3- Format your laptop.

I formatted my laptop. Deleted all partition. Made new partition and install a fresh windows 10. After doing that, it was working well for few hours and again it was showing same issue.

After tried all the tricks, I doubted on the hardware. So, I brought my laptop to the Nehru Place, New Delhi, a well known hub for any kind of technology. There, I first preferred to go Asus Service centre. There I heard the terminology for this issue first time. A service centre person said, "This is a BOOT DUMP issue. It may be happening due to RAM, Hard disk or Motherboard. It may cost you around 4 to 5 thousand or above depending on reason." I packed my laptop and run away from the service centre. I made my mind to buy a new laptop in exchange offer. But, in Nehru Place there are so many local shops that provide laptop repair service etc, but it is hard to find out right shop and a right person with the reasonable price to resolve this issue. I was heading back to metro,but I was caught by a hawker who was yelling "Laptop/Mobile repair?". He took me to the following shop.
    Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE IMG_20190721_212407.jpg
    I told the whole story regarding my laptop to the repair engineer. He also told me that this issue might be coming due to RAM, HARD DISK or may be some motherboard issue. I told him that I recently installed a fresh windows. Then, he told me that there is a BIOS chip on the motherboard and he was 100% sure that the BIOS chip was causing the problem because windows was installed successfully, so there is no issue in the HDD and RAM. So, finally I asked for the price, he asked for RS. 1800 and final price was Rs. 1700. He repaired my laptop. You have to very careful while they repair your laptop. He tried to make more money by insisting on me to install new window as BIOS was changed. But I refused. Because, my windows was opening as normal after repairing.
    Now my laptop is working fine and no annoying blue screen came ever since. Thanks to GADGETREPAIR.

:)

Denkoneko, Jul 21, 2019

2. Blue screen issue on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Could you please provide the make/model of your laptop?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting
    in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jul 21, 2019
  3. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

1. Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - restart issue Blue

2. nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs: Please, help. When my acer nitro 5 laptop is idle i.e. not doing any work the nmi_hardware_failure blue screen appears. That is, when only the integrated video card is active, this error occurs. But when I run some game or program that uses a discrete graphics card, the blue...
  3. nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs: Please, help. When my acer nitro 5 laptop is idle i.e. not doing any work the nmi_hardware_failure blue screen appears. That is, when only the integrated video card is active, this error occurs. But when I run some game or program that uses a discrete graphics card, the blue...
  4. nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blue Screen Issue NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen Issue NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: Hi, Over the last few days I've been facing a BSOD error called "NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE". Just wonder if anyone on here knows how to solve it. I've tried the following troubleshooting steps: Updating video card drivers. Re-installing Windows. Re-seating my RAM modules....
  6. Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new...: Not doing anything in particular it seems to be random! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuing-getting-restart-screen-saying/eea9c07e-fa42-4ee1-9a03-409df193495d
  7. HP Win10 constant blue screen nmi_hardware_failure

HP Win10 constant blue screen nmi_hardware_failure: My hp desktop has this same blue screen constantly, and it always happens around the same time each month 28-31st. Contacted hp support and did all the possible trouble shooting but couldn't identify the problem all tests passed. Then they sent me a recovery media and...
  8. BSOD NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE in windows 10

BSOD NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE in windows 10: Hi, I have been facing BSOD Blue screen of death on my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop for quite some time, when working unplugged. The stop code is alwaysNMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE and it always happens while working unplugged. Never faced this while working plugged in. Any help...
  9. NMI_Hardware_Failure stop error

NMI_Hardware_Failure stop error: We have a Dell Vostro 430 that is crashing several times a month. NMI_Hardware_Failure. I did a chat session with a Windows Independent Advisor who directed me to this site. I have done a mini-dump, and have zipped it into a smaller file. I have uploaded both the zip file as...
  10. Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: I bought a new desktop of win 10 a few days ago and has already encountered blue screen twice. The stop code is NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE. The only thing I have installed as of now is just google chrome. Blue screen happened when I remote into my workplace computer to do my work...