Windows 10 restart loop

Discus and support Windows 10 restart loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since upgrading from win7 to win X, computer has been fine when on, shuts down ok for the night but when I come to start up next day it goes into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paulo6675, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Paulo6675 Win User

Windows 10 restart loop

Since upgrading from win7 to win X, computer has been fine when on, shuts down ok for the night but when I come to start up next day it goes into a continuous loop on restarting fro a short time until it stays on, error that comes up is 0x000021a which I assume is windows update failing to install on boot up (correct me if I am wrong) but I do not know how to go about fixing this. Any ideas please?
    I also sometimes get a "interrupt exception not handled" on the odd occasion too

Many thanks in advance

:)

Paulo6675, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Atrophis Win User

Windows 10 recovery error

Okay i did the steps you linked me to. Now it theres a windows 10 restart loop where it shows the 64% and then it restarts the loop all over again

Atrophis, Aug 7, 2015
  3. C Reif Win User
    November 25, 2016 - Windows 10 system locked in a blue screen "restarting" loop.

November 25, 2016 - My Windows 10 system must have been updated today because it is locked in a blue screen "restarting" loop. All I did this afternoon was a normal restart and it got into the loop.

HELP

C Reif, Aug 7, 2015
  4. RealPetChicken Win User

Windows 10 restart loop

I think it has something to do with tweaking the registry. I would link it but I can't at the moment. Search windows 10 update error regedit profile.

RealPetChicken, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Paulo6675 Win User
    Resolved the update failure process but from time to time now get a "INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" with the following mem dump see attached file

Any help most appreciated

Thank you

Paulo6675, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Paulo6675 Win User
    New BsoD can some please analyze and get back to me how to fix or resolve this please

Thank you

Paulo6675, Aug 15, 2015
  7. firebasejay Win User
    suspect the same thing from today's Geforce win10 release.. a friends notebook caught in an endless reboot loop, couldn't access his dual boot menu, or anything. got him to force his system into recovery mode by pulling his battery a couple times during start up until i could service it properly in the morning. doing so he was able to boot back into win8 (startup repair didn't work for him)

i tried installing the geforce update on several computers at work today. failed in mid-installation each time. his acer laptop by far got the worst of it.

firebasejay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 restart loop

1. Windows 10 restart loop - Similar Threads - restart loop

2. Windows 10 Acer stuck in restarting loop after failed data reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Acer stuck in restarting loop after failed data reset: I have a 2 year old Acer laptop that uses windows 10. It has been running poorly. I never did the Windows updates because I never had the storage space to install the updates, even when I first bought it and I never downloaded anything. recently it started working extremely...
  3. More 1803 woes - system loop on restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    More 1803 woes - system loop on restart: I downloaded 1803 yesterday; at the completion of the download (option to update). I shut down the PC (normally) with a view to complete the update today. There is virtually nothing on the PC apart from Chrome. Today when I boot up all I get is a loop with the date screen,...
  4. Can't Boot Into Windows Since Feature Update, Infinite Loop & Restarts

Can't Boot Into Windows Since Feature Update, Infinite Loop & Restarts: Hi, I tried updating to the new feature update the other day, and when I came back my PC was stuck in an infinite loop where it restarts, the BIOS splash screen shows, then the screen goes blue and my PC restarts again with no error messages or anything. So I can't get into...
  5. Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop?

Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop?: Greetings, I have had no recent BSOD issues with this Toshiba Satellite L855 whatsoever, until yesterday. I updated my Kaspersky Internet Security after obtaining a license, so it was the newest version of Kaspersky installed after about eight months of not using...
  6. Restart Required Loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restart Required Loop: My system keeps telling me I need to restart my system to finish installing software for my device. I have already restarted multiple times and verified that the device drivers and software installed correctly the first time. Microsoft Answer Desk used DriverPack Solution to...
  7. Laptop becoming unresponsive, audio loop, requires hard restart to fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop becoming unresponsive, audio loop, requires hard restart to fix: Hi all, I need help with a very serious issue. My laptop, for the past couple months, has been, as stated above, experiencing lag, becoming audioloop-unresponsive, and requiring a hard switch restart every time. Sometimes the computer will do this even in the startup, and the...
  8. Just a moment restart loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Just a moment restart loop: After resetting my laptop it asks me to put in data for time and language, after that I select "use expresso settings". Then after I'm done with selecting it says "Just a moment..." After awhile the screen turns off and on for a split second on the screen and it restarts....
  9. Recent windows 10 update - restart loop can't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent windows 10 update - restart loop can't boot: After a recent crash, my windows 10 does not load properly anymore and instead is stuck in an endless restart loop (system repairs etc does not work). I have also formatted one of my hard drives and did a clean install from a usb and the same thing is happening. (To clarify,...
  10. Restart loop, shutdown works

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart loop, shutdown works: Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago. I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few days ago and as Windows was to load, the rotating dots came up as usual but seemed to take a really long time. It finally...