Windows 10: Windows 10 restart loop

Discus and support Windows 10 restart loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since upgrading from win7 to win X, computer has been fine when on, shuts down ok for the night but when I come to start up next day it goes into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paulo6675, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Paulo6675 Win User

Windows 10 restart loop

Since upgrading from win7 to win X, computer has been fine when on, shuts down ok for the night but when I come to start up next day it goes into a continuous loop on restarting fro a short time until it stays on, error that comes up is 0x000021a which I assume is windows update failing to install on boot up (correct me if I am wrong) but I do not know how to go about fixing this. Any ideas please?
    I also sometimes get a "interrupt exception not handled" on the odd occasion too

Many thanks in advance

:)

Paulo6675, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Atrophis Win User

Windows 10 recovery error

Okay i did the steps you linked me to. Now it theres a windows 10 restart loop where it shows the 64% and then it restarts the loop all over again

Atrophis, Aug 7, 2015
  3. C Reif Win User
    November 25, 2016 - Windows 10 system locked in a blue screen "restarting" loop.

November 25, 2016 - My Windows 10 system must have been updated today because it is locked in a blue screen "restarting" loop. All I did this afternoon was a normal restart and it got into the loop.

HELP

C Reif, Aug 7, 2015
  4. RealPetChicken Win User

Windows 10 restart loop

I think it has something to do with tweaking the registry. I would link it but I can't at the moment. Search windows 10 update error regedit profile.

RealPetChicken, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Paulo6675 Win User
    Resolved the update failure process but from time to time now get a "INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" with the following mem dump see attached file

Any help most appreciated

Thank you

Paulo6675, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Paulo6675 Win User
    New BsoD can some please analyze and get back to me how to fix or resolve this please

Thank you

Paulo6675, Aug 15, 2015
  7. firebasejay Win User
    suspect the same thing from today's Geforce win10 release.. a friends notebook caught in an endless reboot loop, couldn't access his dual boot menu, or anything. got him to force his system into recovery mode by pulling his battery a couple times during start up until i could service it properly in the morning. doing so he was able to boot back into win8 (startup repair didn't work for him)

i tried installing the geforce update on several computers at work today. failed in mid-installation each time. his acer laptop by far got the worst of it.

firebasejay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 restart loop

1. Windows 10 restart loop - Similar Threads - restart loop

2. Laptop Restarting Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Restarting Loop: My Acer laptop is caught in a restarting loop: restart/diagnose/advanced options. None of the options menus work except BIOS. But I have changed so many settings, I don't know what else to do. I can't restore Win10 because don't have product key. What to do???...
  3. My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem

My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem: Whenever I turn on my modem, I get a blue screen with DPC Watchdog Violation, then my PC restarts in a loop (unless I turn off my modem again). It didn't happen when I disabled my network card driver, so I updated the driver but the problem persists. My PC is new but Windows...
  4. Startup diagnostic loop. Wont finish and restarting wont work

Startup diagnostic loop. Wont finish and restarting wont work: I have been dealing with this all day. No progress. I have tried turning it on and off again, I tried reseting, one try keeping my files and one try deleting them, neither working. I tried finding posts and videos that might help, and I cant even get to the first step. I...
  5. PC in restarting loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC in restarting loop: I reset my PC to factory settings. Get login page for Administrator followed by a box labeled Install Windows. The message says Windows could not complete the installation, To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation. Keeps running but doesn't restart; goes...
  6. Stuck Restart loop after network reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck Restart loop after network reset: After trying to network reset my pc, I let it do its thing and when it restarted, I keep getting “automatic restart windows has ran into a problem” I tried turning off automatic restart on computer error. Trying to run safe mode, cmd prompt, or reseting the computer leads to...
  7. "Why did my PC restart?" Loop

"Why did my PC restart?" Loop: Hi! So, I recently recieved a laptop as a gift and upon recieving it, I had an issue. I opened it and I was greeted with the normal blue screen that asks to set settings and such, but the real problem occured when I clicked next. A screen popped up saying "Why did my PC...
  8. Blue Screen of Death Restart Loop: Cant enter Safe Mode or Sign In

Blue Screen of Death Restart Loop: Cant enter Safe Mode or Sign In: I just updated windows 10 today, and noticed that Dolby audio wasn’t working, and I was unable to reinstall it. I tried updating my drivers, and nothing worked. Shortly after, my computer restarted and put me on a BSOD, saying it would automatically restart. Now it loops...
  9. Looping Windows BSOD restart System Thread Exception Not Handled on a tablet pc

Looping Windows BSOD restart System Thread Exception Not Handled on a tablet pc: I have a Wacom Mobilestudio pro 16 that I bought "broken" as all the guy said it needed was a battery. When I got the battery (looked up exact model based on FCC take down images (https://imgur.com/a/114cI)) and installed it the computer booted which means all the hardware...
  10. Windows 10 Install Restarts and Doesn't Go above 65%. Stuck in a loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install Restarts and Doesn't Go above 65%. Stuck in a loop.: Our Acer Aspire One Cloudbook came with Windows 10 Installed. We started having all kinds of problems, so was trying to restore the computer back to factory settings. It keeps trying to install Windows, goes to 66%, Configuring settings, slowly goes to 100% of settings,...