Windows 10: Windows 10 restart loop

Discus and support Windows 10 restart loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since upgrading from win7 to win X, computer has been fine when on, shuts down ok for the night but when I come to start up next day it goes into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paulo6675, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Paulo6675 Win User

Windows 10 restart loop

Since upgrading from win7 to win X, computer has been fine when on, shuts down ok for the night but when I come to start up next day it goes into a continuous loop on restarting fro a short time until it stays on, error that comes up is 0x000021a which I assume is windows update failing to install on boot up (correct me if I am wrong) but I do not know how to go about fixing this. Any ideas please?
    I also sometimes get a "interrupt exception not handled" on the odd occasion too

Many thanks in advance

:)

Paulo6675, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Atrophis Win User

Windows 10 recovery error

Okay i did the steps you linked me to. Now it theres a windows 10 restart loop where it shows the 64% and then it restarts the loop all over again

Atrophis, Aug 7, 2015
  3. C Reif Win User
    November 25, 2016 - Windows 10 system locked in a blue screen "restarting" loop.

November 25, 2016 - My Windows 10 system must have been updated today because it is locked in a blue screen "restarting" loop. All I did this afternoon was a normal restart and it got into the loop.

HELP

C Reif, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Windows 10 restart loop

I think it has something to do with tweaking the registry. I would link it but I can't at the moment. Search windows 10 update error regedit profile.

RealPetChicken, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Paulo6675 Win User
    Resolved the update failure process but from time to time now get a "INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" with the following mem dump see attached file

Any help most appreciated

Thank you

Paulo6675, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Paulo6675 Win User
    New BsoD can some please analyze and get back to me how to fix or resolve this please

Thank you

Paulo6675, Aug 15, 2015
  7. suspect the same thing from today's Geforce win10 release.. a friends notebook caught in an endless reboot loop, couldn't access his dual boot menu, or anything. got him to force his system into recovery mode by pulling his battery a couple times during start up until i could service it properly in the morning. doing so he was able to boot back into win8 (startup repair didn't work for him)

i tried installing the geforce update on several computers at work today. failed in mid-installation each time. his acer laptop by far got the worst of it.

firebasejay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 restart loop

1. Windows 10 restart loop - Similar Threads - restart loop

2. Infinite restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite restart loop: I tried reinstalling windows through a usb drive when it suddenly needed to recover and when I went through the process of installing it, my computer died, and now it's on a infinite restart loop saying this: Install Windows The computer restarted unexpectedly or...
  3. Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset: Hello all, Today I decided to reset my old Inspiron 15 7000 from 2017 and clear off all of my files to then transfer over my Windows 10 OS to my laptop's SSD, something I've been wanting to do but waited until I build my desktop PC in the summer of 2018. I've put it off...
  4. Windows in restart loop after changing a registry key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows in restart loop after changing a registry key: Hi, I was looking to change the display font for some applications in windows 10, I changed the key for MS Shell dlg2 in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/FontSubstitues/ from "Tahoma" to "Segoe UI" after restart I, windows wont start. the boot dots...
  5. Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop

Computer Stuck in an Endless Restart Loop: So. My older laptop decided that it didn't want to deal with me anymore over Thanksgiving, and when I attempted to power it up to video chat with my grandmother, there was apparently a problem that automatic repair found and couldn't fix. After thinking that a simple "turn...
  6. Restart loop after windows insider update

Restart loop after windows insider update: After the windows insider update my PC git a sudden power loss and after starting my Pc i get a error having a stopcode of BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I tried out startup repair and it says log file error C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.I have also tried out...
  7. windows 10 1809 : Stuck at infinite loop on every restart

windows 10 1809 : Stuck at infinite loop on every restart: Hello ! I've made a clean install of windows 10 1809 , and I've also installed all the other updates. But after 2-3 days , I have a strange problem. When I turn off / On my computer everything is ok. But if I restart the Pc , after the windows is loaded , at the middle of...
  8. Stuck at infinite loop on every restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at infinite loop on every restart: Hello ! I've made a clean install of windows 10 1809 , and I've also installed all the other updates. But after 2-3 days , I have a strange problem. When I turn off / On my computer everything is ok. But if I restart the Pc , after the windows is loaded , at the middle of...
  9. Error message restart loop

Error message restart loop: So i was trying to restart my windows 10 acer laptop and it keeps showing the “your pc has run into a problem and needs to restart. We’re collecting some error info then restart it for you” it’s been doing this for over an hour. If anyone knows what to do please send a reply...
  10. Restart Loop After Factory Reset

Restart Loop After Factory Reset: I've tried doing reseach on what the problem is, and from what I've gathered, this is a bug, but I havent seen anyone say how I can fix it w/o having to download something. But heres my story: My laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 that I've had for about 2 years now, was running slow...