Windows 10: windows 10 restart major problem

Discus and support windows 10 restart major problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; really weird problem . background all out of focus . but on the right lower corner there 3 start icon in focus . the keyboard don't seem to work . but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by michaelgreenberg1, Oct 17, 2019.

1. windows 10 restart major problem

really weird problem . background all out of focus . but on the right lower corner there 3 start icon in focus . the keyboard don't seem to work . but the mouse im able to use the pointer all around the screen . i do have a pop up box on the right lower corner it saids in it - narrator (off) ,magnifier (on screen keyboard) high contrast (off) stick key (off ) filter key (off)
    the 3 icons below this box -one looks like a globe, next to it looks like a clock at 3 o clock , lastly is a round knob pointed at 12 oclock like a volume know . earlier i'd it the screen to blink out and the windows restart/ upgrade wheel would show for a a min or two . only able restart or shut computer by hitting the restart button on my wifes desktop . the when it starts up im ask to start in windows 10 or restore system .then in like 5-10 seconds it returns to out of focus screen .

:)

michaelgreenberg1, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

windows 10 restart major problem

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 restart major problem

1. windows 10 restart major problem - Similar Threads - restart major problem

2. Major Problems with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Problems with Windows 10 Pro: for 20 months, i put my new desktop to sleep when not in use hardly ever shut down and i restart the pc once a week..........last few days, the pc won't go to sleep the monitor will turn off but all the pc fans keep spinning.......and when i try to shut down or restart the...
  3. Major Problems with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major Problems with Windows 10 Pro: for 20 months, i put my new desktop to sleep when not in use hardly ever shut down and i restart the pc once a week..........last few days, the pc won't go to sleep the monitor will turn off but all the pc fans keep spinning.......and when i try to shut down or restart the...
  4. Windows 10 recurring major problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 recurring major problems: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was having all sorts of major problems. Sound wasn't working. Many of the settings weren't working. Networking issues. You name it. None of the repair solutions/diagnostics were able to resolve the problems. After the...
  5. Major Windows 10 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major Windows 10 Problems: starting from about a week ago i have been experiencing the following problems: - DRM content is not playable on multiple browsers - Youtube livestreams are not playable on certain browsers ("Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available....
  6. Windows 10 reinstall major problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reinstall major problem: Well I've been treading on thin ice for a couple of months. I knew 2 out of my 4 HDs had bad sectors. I backed up all my files so I only had Windows 10 and programs left on C drive (had like 1 or 2 bad sectors). I bought a Samsung SSD 860 EVO and tried many times to...
  7. Major problems with my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major problems with my windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10... So I recently installed a fresh new windows 10 for my PC, It is an old build 10240 version that I got on my USB years back ago, But it's okay because I can update it I thought... So then after it finished installing I...
  8. Major problems with windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Major problems with windows 10: Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. End of August an automatic update sent my computer into BSOD. Fixed this with help but since then have to continually use task manager, powershell, run as admin and then copy/paste the following:- Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...
  9. Windows 10; Major problem again

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10; Major problem again: I don't get it... this is the 3rd time I have installed Windows 10 in 2 weeks and I can' get it to work correctly. I have already given up of installing Visual studio 2015 community This time when I try and access Windows 10 to get All versions of direct X (I need...
  10. Major Windows 10 Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Windows 10 Problems: This all started happening today and I have no idea why. I am able to run my programs and open files on my desktop like images and such but "internally" I am having major problems. Here's a list of everything that has happened. •For files on my desktop, I am unable to...