Windows 10: Windows 10 restart requires a power on password

Discus and support Windows 10 restart requires a power on password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just updated my computer to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Under Windows 7 I could issue a restart while in Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) and it would... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ReedHancock, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 restart requires a power on password

I just updated my computer to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Under Windows 7 I could issue a restart while in Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) and it would restart WITHOUT asking for the power on password. So I could easily wait a few minutes and login again using RDC.

Now with Windows 10 I can still restart in RDC, but the computer now REQUIRES a power on password which makes it impossible to enter from RDC. You have to be in physical contact with the remote computer in order to enter the power on password.

Why the difference in the two OSs? Is there a setting I can change that would again only issue a restart WITHOUT the need to enter the power on password?

:)

ReedHancock, Feb 23, 2019

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 23, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows 10 restart requires a power on password

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 restart requires a power on password :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 restart requires a power on password

1. Windows 10 restart requires a power on password - Similar Threads - restart requires power

2. Recently Windows 11 requires restart on powering on to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently Windows 11 requires restart on powering on to connect to the internet: This is a recent event, about 1 month. When I turn on the PC I don't have internet. Restart usually clears this problem. Think hardware I reset my router and checked the firmware. No changes needed. I followed some suggestion ran DISM and SFC and nothing found wrong. I spent...
  3. Recently Windows 11 requires restart on powering on to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently Windows 11 requires restart on powering on to connect to the internet: This is a recent event, about 1 month. When I turn on the PC I don't have internet. Restart usually clears this problem. Think hardware I reset my router and checked the firmware. No changes needed. I followed some suggestion ran DISM and SFC and nothing found wrong. I spent...
  4. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  5. Computer Restart Requires Holding Down Power Button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Restart Requires Holding Down Power Button: Hello,We just got a refurbished PC with Windows 10. It has a weird issue that I can not figure out.When you select to do a restart, the screen comes up that says "Restarting...", and then the monitor goes black, all the lights turn off, and you can not hear any sounds coming...
  6. Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required: Over the years, I have always added a power on password to my laptops. This has always been set up in the BIOS. I am now the owner of a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 v20H2 [a lovely machine I might add] but have not been able to figure out how to set up a power on...
  7. Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required: Over the years, I have always added a power on password to my laptops. This has always been set up in the BIOS. I am now the owner of a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 v20H2 [a lovely machine I might add] but have not been able to figure out how to set up a power on...
  8. Windows 10 Password requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Password requirement: Windows 10 upgrade from windows 8 - I want to permanently disable ANY and ALL password requirements for MY LAPTOP whether I am online or offline. When I am in airplane mode, your ridiculous company refuses to give me access to MY LAPTOP. Yes, I have tried EVERY SINGLE...
  9. Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset)

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset): Since the last Windows Update three days ago, waking up from Hibernate has been a problem. When going into Hibernate the computer completely shuts down. The power switch I normally use is not illuminated and has no effect. I must toggle the power switch on the power supply,...
  10. Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options in Windows 10 In Windows 10, the Require Sign-in setting by default now. To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to...