Windows 10: Windows 10 Restart Slow but Startup quick

Discus and support Windows 10 Restart Slow but Startup quick in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home on a HP 17 Notebook model CA1600NG. It has a SSD. It boots up in under 15 seconds, using fast startup, but everytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dep1x, Nov 24, 2020.

1. dep1x Win User

Windows 10 Restart Slow but Startup quick

Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home on a HP 17 Notebook model CA1600NG. It has a SSD. It boots up in under 15 seconds, using fast startup, but everytime I restart using the restart button it takes more than 1 minute for it to completely restart. I have no application launching with Windows, other than Windows Defender, and I just fully reset Windows 1 week ago, it's a pretty clean install. I don't know what to do. It also used to happen before I reset Windows, it started happening a few weeks ago. What should I do?

:)

dep1x, Nov 24, 2020
  2. catstone Win User

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Restart Slow but Startup quick - Similar Threads - Restart Slow Startup

2. Windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow startup: Hi,My windows 10 boots very slowly. I don't have anything in startup folder. Overall the windows 10 is good only the problem is it boots very slowly. I recently reset my windows 10. I have ran sfc/scannow, ran chkdsk and also ran memory diagnostic. I have updated all drivers...
  3. Slow startup or restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup or restart: Hello, i have noticed that my startup time and shut down time has increased even though windows is up to date and I have no other problems with windows or my hardware. And i have not messed with any of windows settings or any thing else. And yes all my drivers are up to date...
  4. Slow restart / startup

Slow restart / startup: My laptop was boot slowly 1 minutes and 35 s in shutdown and 1 m : 45 s in restart , start counting from hp logo , most of the time in the hp logo loading it takes about 50 seconds followd by black screen for 20 seconds , so i turned on fast startup and now it take 30...
  5. windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 slow startup: the ongoing anomaly of windows 10 slow startup....I reduced the problem from 5 minutes or more to 90 seconds by doing 2 things mentioned in other fixes by users on this site...windows o/s will confound me till the end of time A layman's solution....criticism not...
  6. How Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup/Slow Bootup And Restart Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup/Slow Bootup And Restart Issue: Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup/Slow Bootup AndRestart Issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-fix-windows-10-slow-startupslow-bootup-and/f71c1269-642c-4247-b821-b1047a3a1e55
  7. slow startup in Windows 10

slow startup in Windows 10: It takes between 7 and 15 minutes from the time I push the power button until the log in page appears. I've tried updating everything and turning off apps that come on at start up. I've contacted customer support, but they couldn't fix the problem....
  8. Windows 10 Slow startup

Windows 10 Slow startup: HP Laptop 15-bs0xx with HDD hard drive and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 single graphics, windows startup has gone from less than 30 seconds to nearly 5 minutes. I have already tried several methods such as 1) disabling the unnecessary startups programs 2) freeing enough free...
  9. windows 10 slow startup

windows 10 slow startup: I have issues in startup its taking too much time with black screen before login. I checked event viewer to see what is taking that much time and that was the result: This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system...
  10. Windows 10 - slow startup after restart only

Windows 10 - slow startup after restart only: Hi there, After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10, when i shut down and boot my laptop windows startup pretty fast 8 sec and The login screen appears. However when i restart windows the bot went well it start to be slow in the loading screen with windows logo 10...