Windows 10: Windows 10 restarting and freezing after login after updating from windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 restarting and freezing after login after updating from windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just completed updating a Dell Lattude 3340 to Windows 10 from Windows 7 On first login the windows kept retsarting aftre about 3 minutes. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by john-king, Jan 25, 2020.

1. john-king Win User

Windows 10 restarting and freezing after login after updating from windows 7

I have just completed updating a Dell Lattude 3340 to Windows 10 from Windows 7

On first login the windows kept retsarting aftre about 3 minutes.
    I went into safe mode and unchecked automatic rtestart.

The computer now freezes on all profiles after about 3 minutes from logging in.

In safe mode I have taken a look at the event log and I see lots and lots of

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service TokenBroker with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: Windows.Internal.Security.Authentication.Web.TokenBrokerInternal

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service TokenBroker with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: Windows.Internal.Security.Authentication.Web.WamProviderRegistration

Can any one help please

:)

john-king, Jan 25, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I can't get update KB3035583 on my windows 7 SP1 laptop, also I was missing the optional language packs updates, I have tried "resetting" windows updates Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums and I have tried stopping and restarting the windows update service, did not help.
    Would anyone have a suggestion on how to get this KB3035583 update? It's genuine windows 7 SP1 home premium.

Edit: Is this windows 10 upgrade only for people who bought (a computer with) windows 7 SP 1?
    I bought this laptop with windows 7.

Windows 10 restarting and freezing after login after updating from windows 7 winupdates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jan 25, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I had the message on my built systems and the laptops.

AsRock, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 restarting and freezing after login after updating from windows 7

Windows 10 malware

Uh, a few days ago (7/15), a lot of "important security updates" were put out on Windows Vista-8.1 that required multiple restarts to fully install. It surprised me too because updates usually don't require more than one restart. Anyway, GWX was one of the updates your computer grabbed but it was NOT the update requiring restarts. GWX never requires a restart.

Windows 7 list:
    KB3045305
    KB3067903
    KB3069762
    KB3070102
    KB2069392
    KB3065822
    KB3070738
    KB3072633
    KB3057154
    KB3072630
    KB3077657
    KB3067505

FordGT90Concept, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 restarting and freezing after login after updating from windows 7

1. Windows 10 restarting and freezing after login after updating from windows 7 - Similar Threads - restarting freezing login

2. Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/Desktop Freeze After Login: Hi,As shown in the image, after login the desktop freeze after login.Even after waiting for half a day, nothing happen. The cursor keep loading at the bottom. Cannot go to Task Manager or any other function.Right click, cannot enter Display Setting or Personalize or any other...
  3. Windows freeze after windows update - just after login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows freeze after windows update - just after login: Hello. I have still windows 1803. For each new windows versions I have installed since 1803, I have the same issue. Just after login, the waiting spinner stopped and stay freeze forever. At that stage, I can nevertheless do ****+Ctrl+delete and Esc. This allow me to see...
  4. Windows 10 freezes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after login: It happened to me when I was browsing the internet, PC suddenly frozen and couldn't do anything, only mouse cursor was visible and I could move it, so I restarted, after that I couldn't run the PC correctly, cause it would always freeze after signing in. After some time the...
  5. Windows freezes after restarting or after updates.

Windows freezes after restarting or after updates.: This has been happening since I have had the computer. When I need to do an update that requires a restart rather than update and shut down the update goes through fine but when the PC restarts the screen gets stuck on the loading page and just stays there. I have left it for...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing after login

Windows 10 Freezing after login: my HP laptop keep freezing after log in, it works for about 5 minutes as maximum then windows totally freezes, I have tried many solutions from the internet but unfortunately it was solved for 2 days then it comes back. I have run it in the safemode, and it is totally...
  7. Login Loop after upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login Loop after upgrade from Windows 7: We upgraded a few machines from Windows 7 to Windows 10 1909 (also tried 1903) and are having a strange problem. After the update, it logs in fine and all the programs run - everything looks great. After the first reboot, it goes into a login loop where you hit ctrl-alt-del,...
  8. Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart

Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart: So I restarted my pc yesterday by accident and when it starts it suddenly freezes at the login screen. I login automatically so I have the spinning dots but they just freeze at some point. This isnt the first time this happened but I don't know how to fix it. I can login...
  9. Windows 7 freezes at 'Welcome' screen after login

Windows 7 freezes at 'Welcome' screen after login: after receiving an update, have not been able to get past the welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-freezes-at-welcome-screen-after-login/8efac97f-3a5c-4770-bee1-d46d4b28c5a6
  10. Windows 10 Updates Freeze After Restart

Windows 10 Updates Freeze After Restart: I don't know what to say except that people who work in Microsoft are bunch of retarded idiots. I just update Windows from 1709 to 1803 and didn't use computer 2 days he start to update Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1803 KB4103721 and afteer I restart he update 30% and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal security chronos windows restart