Windows 10: Windows 10 Restarting into Black Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Restarting into Black Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every restart I perform for an update, whether it involves Windows updating, a software that needs to restart to implement its updates, or a peripheral... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arjun S., Feb 5, 2019.

1. Arjun S. Win User

Windows 10 Restarting into Black Screen

Every restart I perform for an update, whether it involves Windows updating, a software that needs to restart to implement its updates, or a peripheral that needs Windows to update and restart, I always end up at a black screen. I see my motherboard's logo, then Windows 10's wheel spins to boot up, then it stops and I am left with a completely blank screen. All of my fans and lights work in my case and keyboard, it is just that Windows doesn't respond. To temporarily fix my issue, I shut off my power supply and turn it back on, Windows runs their diagnostics since I didn't boot up properly, and then I select to just continue into Windows 10, then everything works fine. However, this is such a big problem as updates never get put into place after I continue into Windows 10. Help!

In case it is relevant, I am using Windows 10 Education.

:)

Arjun S., Feb 5, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Zaspera Win User
    black screen upon restart

i just installed drivers for a geforce 210..restarted for it to take effect and all i get on restart is a black screen after windows loads etc but the monitor is on..any idea what to do?

Zaspera, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Restarting into Black Screen - Similar Threads - Restarting Black Screen

2. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after restart: When I was resetting the laptop after the reset was completed then at installation there was a request to restart the laptop and there's one issue earlier with the laptop that once it goes for power off while restarting it does not starts on its own is just shows black screen...
  3. Windows 10 Black Screen after restarting to reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen after restarting to reset: Last night, I decided to reset my PCHP Omen 30L and I pressed reset, it told me to wait to restart so it could start reseting. It restarted like a minute later, to only be greeted with a black screen. The monitor was still on, showing that the pc was still sort of sending a...
  4. Windows 10 black screen after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after restart: hello all, i am using acer aspire v3-581g laptop. Yesterday while i was surfing online my laptop was hang and nothing was working. So i did force restart by pressing power button. When boot screen appear it only shows a black screen. Nothing else. I waited more than 30...
  5. Black screen at restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen at restart: Since installing the cumulative update for version 1903 on 08-14-19, my system gives me nothing but black screen at every restart. I finally got my desktop back after spending half my workday going through the arduous process of trying to get to the safe mode options, but it...
  6. Blank or Black Screen when Restarting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank or Black Screen when Restarting Windows 10: On my wife's laptop which is a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5340, when clicking "Restart" Windows will attempt to restart but will hang at a blank screen before showing the post screen or LOGO. I have let it sit for hours and it does nothing from that point. You then have to use...
  7. Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen on Startup or Restart.....Windows 10: When I start or restart my PC, I get a black screen 3 out of 4 times but you can hear all the fans and HDD sounds but no HDD activity light. I have traded out HDD's and Power Supply, still no joy. All drivers are up to date, I turned off Fast Startup and even removed all the...
  8. Windows 10 black screen after updateding and restarting it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after updateding and restarting it: Hello , I've a problem with my Windows 10 , After I updated it yesterday and asked me to restart my laptop, it opened with black screen each time i tried to open, it keeps pops up after Dell loading screen and before the login screen , A black screen with white dash on...
  9. Black screen after RESTART.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after RESTART.: Hello, I have made a complete, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on HP 6300 Microtower. During the installation process, Windows 10 restarted and... I saw black screen for quite a long time. So I held POWER button for 5 seconds, PC turned off... Turned it on again...
  10. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen: So im seeing all these people with these restart problems but Mine is different mine never ends up showing a windows logo it shows dell sign then black screen with an underscore that flashes twice and resets and it happens over and over again And i cannot fix it can someone...