Windows 10: Windows 10 restarting, need help diagnosing suspected driver issue

Discus and support Windows 10 restarting, need help diagnosing suspected driver issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've done a little due diligence before posting, but this is a little above my pay-grade so I'm hoping for some help. Here are the symptoms: My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brian Locker, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 restarting, need help diagnosing suspected driver issue

I've done a little due diligence before posting, but this is a little above my pay-grade so I'm hoping for some help.

Here are the symptoms: My computer seems to restart when going into or out of sleep, but not always, I have had computer crashes while I'm working at the machine. Based on the error codes I get from event viewer "Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power", "EventID 41", etc. it seems the most likely culprit is a bad driver.

So, I have run the driver verifier and placed the dmp file in a zip, along with a printout from Speccy and my systeminfo32 output in the hopes that someone can look at these to give me a better idea of what I'm working with.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Link to dmp file and system info

:)

Brian Locker, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Bill_Bright, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 restarting, need help diagnosing suspected driver issue

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 restarting, need help diagnosing suspected driver issue

1. Windows 10 restarting, need help diagnosing suspected driver issue - Similar Threads - restarting need help

2. Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Diagnosing Instabilities: Hello, I have recently been experiencing system instabilies ranging from application crashes to various forms of BSOD. I have done what I know how to in addressing the issues, and have lessened them greatly, but have yet to completely correct the issues. Recently it seems...
  3. Need Help. to diagnose this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help. to diagnose this issue: Good day,May I ask what programs I can use to diagnose this issue I encountered? Yesterday when I was exporting my edited photos in Lightroom. it suddenly shut down my PC and then reboot. but after I log in on Windows logon it shutdown again my PC then almost 2 to 3x repeat...
  4. Need Help. to diagnose this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help. to diagnose this issue: Good day,May I ask what programs I can use to diagnose this issue I encountered? Yesterday when I was exporting my edited photos in Lightroom. it suddenly shut down my PC and then reboot. but after I log in on Windows logon it shutdown again my PC then almost 2 to 3x repeat...
  5. BSOD - need help diagnosing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - need help diagnosing: Hi, as explained I need some help diagnosing a BSOD.The issues occur usually once or twice a day, more often when I'm in the process of closing an application usually a game.I've done all windows updates and driver updates I can, I've also upgraded from Win10 to Win11 after a...
  6. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  7. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  8. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Need Help Diagnosing Driver Issues

Need Help Diagnosing Driver Issues: Hi, I've been plagued by various BSODs. I've tried to troubleshoot them as much as I can on my own but there are persistent problems I can't figure out. After using the driver verifier I got a Driver Verifier Detected Violation BSOD... I've included the log files here,...
  10. BSOD help, suspected driver issues.

BSOD help, suspected driver issues.: I've been having issues with my computer recently. The initial symptoms were that my two monitors would suddenly go black (usually when gaming + watching videos), only leaving sound as an output. When this happened I would have to power off my system with the power button to...