Windows 10: Windows 10 restarting without warning

Discus and support Windows 10 restarting without warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Win 10 pro 18363 I'm in need of some pointing in the right direction. My Windows 10 PC has suddenly started restarting without warning. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mexicanpete, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 restarting without warning

Hi

Win 10 pro 18363

I'm in need of some pointing in the right direction. My Windows 10 PC has suddenly started restarting without warning. No messages are provided as to the cause.

My searches for ideas as the what might be causing this have helped and I've managed to reduce the frequency quite substantially.

The first improvement occurred when I ran Malwarebytes and it pointed to a program called Freevoicerecorder. I've used this program for many years on windows XP and Windows 7 without any issues but that download doesn't function under Windows 10. The latest version seems to have a number of issues widely discussed online including restarts. I uninstalled it straight away. Malwarebytes found a couple of remnants of this program which I then deleted. The frequency of the restarts dropped significantly. A very recent scan using Malwarebytes found no infections related to Freevoicerecorder.

I have just had another restart. As these happen without warning there is a serious danger of loosing a lot of inprocess work.

Since the latest restart the "System interrupts" is running at about 5%-8% of CPU capacity (8 core processor). Whilst this often runs for a while when the computer is first switched on, I can never recall seeing it run essentially continuously. Task manager is usually running in a small window all the time. No other change to the computer has been made since it worked fine.

Any assistance with trackng down these irritating problems would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

:)

Mexicanpete, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 1, 2020
  3. little cat, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 restarting without warning

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 restarting without warning

1. Windows 10 restarting without warning - Similar Threads - restarting without warning

2. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  3. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  4. Window restart without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window restart without warning: When I run full virus scan, on a particular time suddenly window restart.... or When I play games it restarts but earlier same game run smoothly. I tried run virus scan in safe mode but safe mode too restart.... Plzz help Lenovo thinkcenter M38I5 4th gen2+2 gb ram128 gb ssd...
  5. Window restart without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window restart without warning: When I run full virus scan, on a particular time suddenly window restart.... or When I play games it restarts but earlier same game run smoothly. I tried run virus scan in safe mode but safe mode too restart.... Plzz help Lenovo thinkcenter M38I5 4th gen2+2 gb ram128 gb ssd...
  6. Window restart without warning

7. PC restarts without warning

PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  8. Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning: About two weeks back I got a new laptop and almost everyday I seem to be facing restart issues. While working the screen goes black and the laptop restarts. This happens once almost everyday. There is some thermal throttling when it happens but the laptop doesn't seem to be...
  9. Restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...
  10. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...