Windows 10: Windows 10 restarting

Discus and support Windows 10 restarting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my issue is this, windows 10 will display it's logo, and restart.... Then boot up with preparing automatic repair, and then restart. Then back to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mrpanda, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Mrpanda Win User

Windows 10 restarting

So my issue is this, windows 10 will display it's logo, and restart.... Then boot up with preparing automatic repair, and then restart. Then back to no message. Then back to automatic repair. Also of I try and boot to Linux (elementary OS) it will restart as well. Both drives for me OS's are SSD's. Any ideas? I've reset my main board via removing the CMOS battery.

:)

Mrpanda, Aug 17, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Mrpanda Win User

Windows 10 restarting

RAM failure. RIP. That never happens, except those rare occasions.

Mrpanda, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 restarting

1. Windows 10 restarting - Similar Threads - restarting

2. Desktop icons rearranging after explorer restarts/reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons rearranging after explorer restarts/reboot: Hi, My desktop icons keep rearranging after explorer restarts/reboots. My icons look like this after I arrange them [IMG] However, after I restart explorer/ reboot the computer, my icons look like this [ATTACH] The icons change their position Auto arrange icons is...
  3. My PC keeps freezing, BSOD, and random restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps freezing, BSOD, and random restarting.: I built a new PC in February and in seems pretty unstable. It keeps crashing. I sometimes get BSOD with error "an unexpected error has occurred" and sometimes I get freezes or reboots. i have windows 10 education. The Minidump folder is empty but I have my system and...
  4. My PC keeps crashing, BSOD, and random restarting.

My PC keeps crashing, BSOD, and random restarting.: I built a new PC in February and in seems pretty unstable. It keeps crashing. I sometimes get BSOD with error "an unexpected error has occurred" and sometimes I get freezes or reboots. i have windows 10 education. The Minidump folder is empty but I have my system and...
  5. Start Menu not responding? Restart StartMenuExperienceHost.exe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu not responding? Restart StartMenuExperienceHost.exe in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I am sure you must have faced a situation where the Start Menu stops responding. It either doesn’t open or sometimes it just hangs on the screen wide open. Starting with Windows 10 v1903, there is a separate process available [...] This post Start Menu not...
  6. Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts: I tried to create my own VPN but it didnt end up working so I thought i'd just disable it and i'd be alright. [ATTACH] but apparently not, everytime I shut down, restart, or update my laptop my Wi-Fi turns off and I have to Disable and re-enable it again to get it to work....
  7. Windows keeps updating again and again... 3-4 times a day and restarting all the time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps updating again and again... 3-4 times a day and restarting all the time: Has anyone else been seeing this? See my update history below.. seems like everything fails?[ATTACH]e update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-05C...
  8. Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it...: Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it normal or my server having some serious issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-service-suddenly-stopped-working/fa419965-e68d-4819-b127-d2cf8c97ddd4"
  9. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.: Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone got this windows 10 error of: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart it for you. If you call a support person, give them this info. Stop code: PAGE FAULT IN...
  10. We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device: I don't understand why but I'm getting this error after a few weeks not using the OS. "after it was updated" (since I mostly use windows 7 under a dual boot setup.) This is pretty much almost a clean install btw. anyways you can see from this picture I attached... My...