Windows 10: Windows 10 restarts after being idle and then freezes on boot

Discus and support Windows 10 restarts after being idle and then freezes on boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I leave my Windows 10 machine idle for some period of time - I haven't been able to work out how long - something fails and the machine restarts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OlSnacky, Mar 14, 2020.

1. OlSnacky Win User

Windows 10 restarts after being idle and then freezes on boot

If I leave my Windows 10 machine idle for some period of time - I haven't been able to work out how long - something fails and the machine restarts. After it restarts it will freeze on the boot screen, i.e., the screen with the spinner. Multiple hard resets do not fix the freezing problem. Sometimes I can force the machine to restart in Safe Mode - in some case it will then boot into Safe mode, and in other cases it will boot into regular mode as if nothing had happened.

I have:

• scanned my RAM, which found no errors
    • Reinstalled Windows from media
    • Performed a system restore

Yet, the problem persists.

:)

OlSnacky, Mar 14, 2020

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 restarts after being idle and then freezes on boot :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 restarts after being idle and then freezes on boot - Similar Threads - restarts being idle

2. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle: We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When sending a print job, the printer wakes up, but does not print. The queue indicates the job was finished. Troubleshooter reveals no...
  3. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle: We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When sending a print job, the printer wakes up, but does not print. The queue indicates the job was finished. Troubleshooter reveals no...
  4. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Acer One 14 Z1-471 laptop. After a week or so it stopped going to sleep after being idle, instead it restarts every time. I'm sceptic of a thing that I updated drivers from a 3rd party app but I don't know if it's the cause or not. It...
  6. Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Acer One 14 Z1-471 laptop. After a week or so it stopped going to sleep after being idle, instead it restarts every time. I'm sceptic of a thing that I updated drivers from a 3rd party app but I don't know if it's the cause or not. It...
  7. PC freezes after being left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes after being left idle: Hey there, I have been having problems with my pc freezing after like 5 minutes or so when being left idle. I observed that when this happens the internet connection drops and completely locks up. When hard resetting, I have to change the mac address of my internet in order...
  8. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle overnight

Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle overnight: I basically have the same problem as many others on this forum. The odd thing about my PC is each day when I come home from work and click on something browser left open overnight it takes sometimes minutes to react - if I'm very patient, and keep browsing, eventually it...
  9. Windows 10 freeze after idle

Windows 10 freeze after idle: Hello, I recently upgraded my laptop (E6430 Latitude) manually from 1803 to 1809. After some days I decided to purchase a new solid state drive, so I used a migration tool (Samsung Data Migration) to copy my system in order to avoid clean format. Everything seen to be fine,...
  10. Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts

Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts: Hi guys. Just like to ask some help to fix my faultering Windows 10. What happened is that when I take a break from my computer, my PC freezes and then restarts by itself. There was once when after my PC froze, instead of restarting by it's own, was proceeded by a blue screen...