Windows 10: Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This issue started to happen this afternoon. My power setting had always been high performance, 5 mins before display off and never go to sleep. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Slave23, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Slave23 Win User

Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes

This issue started to happen this afternoon. My power setting had always been high performance, 5 mins before display off and never go to sleep. And starting this afternoon, everytime my computer is idle for 5 mins and the display turns off, the computer restarts itself.

The first time this happened, I noticed a application compatibility alert from windows defender, and after I launched chrome, it did say that it's having a compatibility issue with my input application. I then updated my input app, while I stopped getting alert from both chrome and windows defender, my computer still keeps restarting after being idle for 5 mins.

I checked the system event log, and everytime it auto restarts, it shows a 0x0000000a error (with parameters 0xfffff80d7c82007e, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff803da0aa555).

Before this issue started to happen, I installed 2 little programs from the internet to help me manage my files (advance renamer and filer mover), and I've already uninstalled them and deleted all of their files. Issue persisted.

Then I tried changing my power settings. Issue persitsted.

Then I tried unchecking auto restart on system failure in Advanced System Setting. Issue became weird. The computer stops responding after being idle for more than 5 mins, my monitor just says no signal and all I can do is to press the power button to reboot.

I googled this issue and found some posts for the exact same issue and found quite a few suggestions. I've tried the easy ones and none of them worked. Plus at the end of those posts, the issue gets solved in unexpected ways (windows update, creating a new user account and deleting the old one, downloaded the beta video drivers from intel, etc)

It's 1:30 am now and I'm too tired to try any other solutions. I think I am going to sleep on it. Please give me some other suggestions to try when I get up tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

:)

Slave23, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Dscrivs Win User

Windows 10 restarts after idle for 5 minutes

Windows 10 keeps restarting after it is idle for around 5 minutes or so. After rebooting there is a notification for me to sign into my Microsoft account.

I have attempted all of the different power settings and noticed no change, but If I manually put the computer into sleep mode it does not restart.

I have been using Windows 10 for the past year or so with no issues up until its last update on 3/14, which states was installed succesfully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dscrivs, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 restarts on idle after 10 minutes

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community.

We regret to know the issue you are facing. We will be glad to assist you further.

This issue might be due to incorrect power settings or corrupted power files in your system. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run power troubleshooter which will tell you if there is something wrong with the power settings.

Follow these steps to run power troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select Control Panel
    • Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View All on the top left corner.

• Run Power troubleshooter.

Step 2:
    I suggest you to reset and restore all
    of the default Power Plans back to their default settings.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
    ENTER.

4. At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.

5. Restart the computer and check with the issue.

Step 3: Create a new Power plan and check if it helps. Follow the steps from the below link:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

Note: Link applies to Windows 10 as well. Some of the Starting steps may differ in Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes

Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes

1. Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes - Similar Threads - restarts being idle

2. Windows 10 restart does not finish after more than 21 minutes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restart does not finish after more than 21 minutes...: I started a Windows 10 restart on my Dell 3668 PC almost 30 minutes ago. I'm posting this question on my Surface Book SB. I'm up-to-date with Windows updates except perhaps for the most recent. I typically wait for the Windows nag and then schedule an update. It's now been 32...
  3. Windows 10 restart does not finish after more than 21 minutes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 restart does not finish after more than 21 minutes...: I started a Windows 10 restart on my Dell 3668 PC almost 30 minutes ago. I'm posting this question on my Surface Book SB. I'm up-to-date with Windows updates except perhaps for the most recent. I typically wait for the Windows nag and then schedule an update. It's now been 32...
  4. Windows 10 restart does not finish after more than 21 minutes...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restarting after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting after some idle minutes: Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows 10. I ran WinDbg and this is my log: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a...
  6. Restarting after a some idle minutes

Restarting after a some idle minutes: Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows 10. I ran WinDbg and this is my log: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a...
  7. Windows 10 booting for 5 minutes or more

Windows 10 booting for 5 minutes or more: Hi, I am using Dell XPS 15 (9560) 512 SSD, 16 GB ram, 4 GB NVIDIA GTX. After the recent windows update my Windows 10 is booting for 5-10 minutes. I did reset my Windows for several times, it fixs for couples of days after that it becomes the same, I tried other methods...
  8. Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle

Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle: My laptop is Acer ES1-432-C4XA CPU : Intel N3350 Windows 10 Home version 1809 OS Build : 17763.195 Windows 10 freeze after exactly 5 minutes of idle when plug-in and after login. Previously the problem was rectified when I disable Fast Boot and System Protection,...
  9. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...
  10. HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes: Hello I use my WD 1TB blue just for storage. I have Windows 10 x64 CU updated. But on the last weeks my HDD always spins up after a few minutes on idle(i put to idle after 10 minutes on energy settings). So i start digging the cause because it makes that mechanical...