Windows 10: Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BobStace, May 1, 2022.

1. BobStace Win User

Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart would happen. A second shutdown works.But I seem to have found a solution, I can't give any technical explanation as to why this works but after 2 weeks of trying this several times a day I have not had a single automatic restart.My fix was to create a modified Shutdown shortcut on the desktop and use that.Shutdown.exe /s /

:)

BobStace, May 1, 2022
  2. little cat, May 1, 2022
  3. grandekid Win User
    Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, May 1, 2022
  4. StefanM Win User

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

When you say "force shutdown" you mean you hit the power button?

Try from a CLI:
    shutdown.exe /force

StefanM, May 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown - Similar Threads - Restarts Shutdown

2. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  3. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  4. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  6. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  7. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up: Looking for help and advice on the following issue:Currently my system would shutdown and restart unexpectedly. During start up it would repeatedly turn off with a click sound from PSU? and restart during the boot up process usually not getting past the boot logo - after 4 or...
  9. Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up

Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up: Looking for help and advice on the following issue:Currently my system would shutdown and restart unexpectedly. During start up it would repeatedly turn off with a click sound from PSU? and restart during the boot up process usually not getting past the boot logo - after 4 or...
  10. How to fix desktop icons not keeping their place after each shutdown or restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix desktop icons not keeping their place after each shutdown or restart?: Hi, i tried to fix this my self searching a solution online but nothing i found worked, hope someone can help me.The issues started after i changed some graphic options in a game Tiny Tina's Wonderlands just to be clear and from than on i had strange issues.I have a two...