Windows 10: Windows 10 restarts every 10 minutes when idle

Discus and support Windows 10 restarts every 10 minutes when idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 restarts every 10 minutes when idle (event viewer power kernel 41 both bug check and power stamp 0). After extensive diagnostics I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bobburney, Sep 13, 2018.

1. bobburney Win User

Windows 10 restarts every 10 minutes when idle

Windows 10 restarts every 10 minutes when idle (event viewer power kernel 41 both bug check and power stamp 0).

After extensive diagnostics I determined that the Microsoft Power Service to be the problem. When it is disabled there is no restarting. I ran the Troubleshooter but it only said to reduce the time until sleep and screen off. I replaced the umpo.dll file but there was no change. Any ideas?

It appears this person had the same problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-every-10-mins-idle-it-will-keep-restart/ea4e9df5-695c-45b7-8c3b-13b465fa93c3

:)

bobburney, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 restarts every 10 minutes when idle - Similar Threads - restarts every minutes

2. Windows 10 Restarting when Idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Restarting when Idle: For about a week or so my Windows 10 Home PC keeps restarting when I've been idle for about 10 or so minutes. If I periodically move the mouse or type on the keyboard it doesn't restart. The computer will restart even if I'm doing something passively, like watching a full...
  3. Windows 10 restarts or hangs when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarts or hangs when idle: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.508 and am experiencing issues where the PC either suddenly reboots when idle or it simply hangs and the only solution is powering it off. Unfortunately, I don't have any crash dumps. The problems only occur some time...
  4. Restarting after some idle minutes

Restarting after some idle minutes: Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows 10. I ran WinDbg and this is my log: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a...
  5. Windows 10 Restart on idle

Windows 10 Restart on idle: Hi, Recently my laptop has this problem if left idle more than 5 minute it will go restart and shut down button will do restart instead of shut down. Im using MSI laptop with win10, P/s: Please do not advise me to check on the ram since I already run and no problem with...
  6. Microsoft.Photos.exe causing windows 10 to restart after idle for 4 minutes?

Microsoft.Photos.exe causing windows 10 to restart after idle for 4 minutes?: It has taken me 4 days to troubleshoot this. After 4 minutes to 4 minutes & 15 seconds of idle time my PC just restarts. I have power options for turning off monitors & disc drives to never. Even changed power options to another selection. I have gone through scheduled...
  7. Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts

Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts: Hi guys. Just like to ask some help to fix my faultering Windows 10. What happened is that when I take a break from my computer, my PC freezes and then restarts by itself. There was once when after my PC froze, instead of restarting by it's own, was proceeded by a blue screen...
  8. Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes: Currently using a 2007 Alienware went from windows vista to windows 10 32bit and change the processor core 2 duo 2.33ghz to core 2 extreme 3.0 ghz motherboard xfx nforce 680i sli graphics card geforce 480 gtx 6gb ram installed a 1tb hard drive I'm not sure how to fix...
  9. Automatic disk defrag every 5 minutes when idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic disk defrag every 5 minutes when idle: Every time i leave my computer idle for 5 minutes, disk defragmenting starts acting up. It never did this on Windows 7, and its very annoying. This causes my fan to speed up and it stays that way until i give it some input. I always put my computer to sleep when I'm done...
  10. Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes: My ASUS All-in-one PC running windows 10 was shut down for 6 weeks while I was travelling. When I turned it on a few days ago the background screen was different. Now it reboots after being idle for a few minutes. I tried all I know with power management settings,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc restarts when idle

2. windows 10 restarts when idle

3. pc restarts when idle windows 10

4. windows pc restarts if idle for 10 mins,
  5. windows restart whe idle,
  6. windows 10 restats on idle,
  7. pc restarts while idle,
  8. windows 10 restarts every 10 minutes,
  9. win 10 restarts when idle,
  10. pc reboots when idle,
  11. system restart automatically when its sits idle win 10,