Windows 10: Windows 10 restarts @ lock screen. No issues prior/came out of nowhere

Discus and support Windows 10 restarts @ lock screen. No issues prior/came out of nowhere in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I power up my PC, Windows goes into the loading and then lock screen like it always has. Right when I try to type in my password, the lockscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mlkmade, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 restarts @ lock screen. No issues prior/came out of nowhere

When I power up my PC, Windows goes into the loading and then lock screen like it always has. Right when I try to type in my password, the lockscreen slowly fades away and reboots.

I thought I fixed it with a system restore, but now, whenever I turn off my computer, even if I successfully get into Windows after 'fixing it' with restore, it starts all over again. Basically I can't turn off my computer.

What the heck is going on?

submitted by /u/mlkmade
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mlkmade, Nov 5, 2020
  2. little cat, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Lock Screen Windows 10

Hello Tamela,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this lock screen issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start noticing this issue? Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to it?
    • How did you change the lock screen image? Did you follow the steps in this article:

Personalize your lock screen
      ?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 restarts @ lock screen. No issues prior/came out of nowhere

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 restarts @ lock screen. No issues prior/came out of nowhere

1. Windows 10 restarts @ lock screen. No issues prior/came out of nowhere - Similar Threads - restarts lock screen

2. Randomly Getting Blue Screens on Boot/After Restarting Out of Nowhere?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly Getting Blue Screens on Boot/After Restarting Out of Nowhere?: Recently my system has been stable under use but whenever I restart for driver updates/windows updates/etc, it will give a BSOD for "Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area" upon exiting BIOS. I have tried a new set of RAM, I've reinstalled windows THREE times on 3 separate, different,...
  3. Randomly Getting Blue Screens on Boot/After Restarting Out of Nowhere?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly Getting Blue Screens on Boot/After Restarting Out of Nowhere?: Recently my system has been stable under use but whenever I restart for driver updates/windows updates/etc, it will give a BSOD for "Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area" upon exiting BIOS. I have tried a new set of RAM, I've reinstalled windows THREE times on 3 separate, different,...
  4. Randomly Getting Blue Screens on Boot/After Restarting Out of Nowhere?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue Screen out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Screen out of nowhere: I am having a blue screen problem that says: Stop Code: UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP I have done a memory diagnostic and it says there are no problems wioth my memory, I am not sure what else to do....
  6. Laptop just restarting out of nowhere?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop just restarting out of nowhere?: So recently my SSD was making noises, which was slightly concerning to begin with. Now when I use my laptop it crashes when I'm not using it and restarts so that next time i log on, nothings open (i.e.. Spotify, edge, word etc.). I did get BSOD one time but it hasn't come up...
  7. Nagging Windows Setup screen that came out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Support
    Nagging Windows Setup screen that came out of nowhere: I first received this set up screen after signing into Windows with my local account. Now I'm seeing a notification that once clicked on will bring up the same screen. There's no option given in the screen to decline. You can only select the options "Remind Me Later" or to...
  8. Restarts out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarts out of nowhere: Hi people. My laptop restarts randomly when im working/gaming or doing anything on the pc for that matter. It shows me this message and I tried some ways to get rid of it, uninstalled some unimportant and unnecessary software and applications but I continue to face this...
  9. Picture on lock screen came from nowhere?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture on lock screen came from nowhere?: My lock screen pic. has been changed to a pic i do not have on my computerlaptop. Its a grainy pic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-lock-screen-came-from-nowhere/655ba9ac-b9fd-4b8b-bd8e-3d3841e7340a
  10. Multiple issues out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple issues out of nowhere: Hello, I can typically solve problems on my own however this has completely blindsided me. I believe this is all related to an update but I cannot be certain. These problems did arise after a "restart and update" event a day or two ago. Firstly my start menu is broken....