Windows 10: Windows 10 restarts on shut down/sleep from gigabyte/intel wifi card

Discus and support Windows 10 restarts on shut down/sleep from gigabyte/intel wifi card in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer and it restarts on shutdown or when the computer idles. I removed my Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I wifi card(here is a link to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AJisAJ, Jun 1, 2016.

1. AJisAJ Win User

Windows 10 restarts on shut down/sleep from gigabyte/intel wifi card

I recently built a new computer and it restarts on shutdown or when the computer idles. I removed my Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I wifi card(here is a link to the card) from the motherboard and the computer was able to shut down properly. Looking for any help I can get.

I have tried all the solutions I found from google searches (wake on lan settings, bios settings, disabling fast boot both in windows and in bios, changing the integer for PowerDownAfterShutdown in the registry files, dont have on/off gigabyte installed) and am still having no luck. Thought I would post here and see if anyone could help me out.

:)

AJisAJ, Jun 1, 2016
  2. bigcid100 Win User

My sound card 7.1 setting revert to 2.0 every reboot

My sound card's 7.1 setting revert to 2.0 every reboot

I tried changing sound cards

asus essence stx II 7.1

realtek al1220 7.1,5.1

if I shut down it will stick ,but every restart it reverts to 2.0(stereo)

windows 10 1709

gigabyte aorus gaming 7

intel i7-7820

asus essence stx II 7.1

realtek alc1220 7.1,5.1

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Settings]

bigcid100, Jun 1, 2016
  3. Bourne957 Win User
    windows 10 dosen't shutdown,go to sleep.

I installed windows 10 education and always there was problem of shutting down and sleep. My PC would not go to sleep or shut down. the power light would always be on. So every time I shut down my computer, I had to press the power button and every time
    I put to sleep, I had to restart by pressing the power button.

So I installed windows 10 pro. Quite amazingly the problem is gone now. My PC goes to sleep and shuts down normally.

Also, intel rapid storage technology driver was not working properly in windows 10 education. It is now working properly in windows 10 pro. Maybe that was the reason.

Bourne957, Jun 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jun 1, 2016
  5. AJisAJ Win User
    Yup, installed the latest driver(both of them). I made sure it was the most up to date driver being used in the device manager.

AJisAJ, Jun 1, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    You said:
    Does that mean the card is a add-on PCI card and not built into the motherboard? If not, what do you mean by removed?

The simplest fix may be to add a new Gigabit PCI NIC.

Also, fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Ztruker, Jun 2, 2016
  7. AJisAJ Win User
    Yes the wifi card connects via PCIe, it is not built into the motherboard. My restarting problem went away when I removed the gigabyte wifi card from the PCIe slot in the motherboard, but then my computer has no internet. Looks like a new wireless card is the best bet but that seems silly to me. Gigabyte's support hasn't responded to my email from 3 days ago yet, I'm going to stay away from them.

AJisAJ, Jun 2, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 restarts on shut down/sleep from gigabyte/intel wifi card - Similar Threads - restarts shut down

2. PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep: Recently, about once a day, my PC shuts down with no warning or Windows crash, a few seconds after resuming from sleep. Just dramatically switches off and restarts. Don't know where to start! Any help appreciated. Windows 10 20H2 173378
  3. Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep: After i use my computer for a while and put it to sleep, it doesn’t go to sleep correctly. It either restarts or in the last case i had, shuts down. It used to have start up issues but that was resilved when i replaced my boot drive....
  4. windows 10 take long time to shut down, restart and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 take long time to shut down, restart and sleep: my laptop is hp EliteBook 8460p I just got a new ssd and installed windows 10 pro version 2004 when I shut down or restart or sleep the laptop the screen is turn off normally but still power on about 5 minutes or more after that...
  5. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e
  6. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  7. Restarts instead of sleeping or shutting down (network adapter)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restarts instead of sleeping or shutting down (network adapter): So I got a wireless network adapter, the Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I Installed it, it works great. But, I soon found that every time I hit shut down or sleep, the computer will do so and then promptly restart. Clean boot didn't help. I've been all around the web trying fixes. Thing...
  8. BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...: A couple days ago when normally putting my PC to sleep at night it restarted. I then tried to put it to sleep again and watched as the screen went black and the pc just sat there on for like 10 seconds then began the process of rebooting. The next day when i was using my pc...
  9. Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10: How to: Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Power Menu in Windows 10 The Power menu in Windows 10 can allow users to restart the PC without having to sign in to Windows....
  10. Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting: I recently got the latest update from Microsoft for my Toshiba laptop running windows 10 and from the update when i go to shut down or restart the laptop the screen below appears so how can i fix this please? http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/w...psm5kj2twd.jpg 96174