Windows 10: Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down

Discus and support Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have had this issue now on 3 different windows 10 systems 2 of my own and also my wife's. Up until recently it was rare but in my case it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down

Hi

I have had this issue now on 3 different windows 10 systems 2 of my own and also my wife's.

Up until recently it was rare but in my case it's happening even couple of days it seems.

I go to shut down and rather then shut down it puts me right back at my log in screen.

The only way I can then shut down is to go into my power settings and turn off fast start up and then save it and shut down and is fine then. I then go in on next start up and enable fast start up again and is fine for a few days then it starts doing the same thing again.

I did google this as that is how I found out how to get around this but is there any idea with Microsoft is going to address this very clear bug in the system as if it was just me I might think it's my system but where all 3 laptops have experienced this as have others it's clearly an issue with Windows 10.

Any updates on when this will be fixed or if there is a fix already out there that I can download to fix this issue or setting I can adjust that will fix this and still let me keep fast start up active?

Thanks
    Dave

:)

Dave1776, Sep 6, 2018
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down :confused:*Mad Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Taz100420 Win User

Kasperskys shutting itself off

I awoke this morning to a error message saying that kasperskys has encounter a error and shuts off, then I restart and about 10 mins later does it again. any suggestions?

Taz100420, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down - Similar Threads - restarts rather shuts

2. Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down: Hi. My old laptop had some problem where it was permanently attempting to do Windows Updates every boot but failing, with code 0x80070643, so I decided to disable Windows Updates. Right after that, something very weird happened that I've never seen. I was shutting down my old...
  3. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  4. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  5. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  6. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  7. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/martin_m_n_novy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwclnn/shutting_down_doesnt_fully_shut_down_windows_10/
  8. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e
  9. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): Ok so I'll try to clarify as much as I can. When I ''Shut down'' either I'm holding ''Shift'' or not. It signs out but I can Still hear fan and Power Led is on, even after couple of hours... it can goup to 12... For Shutting it down Completely, I have to hold Power Button...
  10. Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down: I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago for the most part it works fine, but one day it stopped being able to shut down properly. When I tell it to shut down it does actually shut down but only for a second before it starts restarting. This problem has been going on for 2-3...