Windows 10: Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down

Discus and support Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have had this issue now on 3 different windows 10 systems 2 of my own and also my wife's. Up until recently it was rare but in my case it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down

Hi

I have had this issue now on 3 different windows 10 systems 2 of my own and also my wife's.

Up until recently it was rare but in my case it's happening even couple of days it seems.

I go to shut down and rather then shut down it puts me right back at my log in screen.

The only way I can then shut down is to go into my power settings and turn off fast start up and then save it and shut down and is fine then. I then go in on next start up and enable fast start up again and is fine for a few days then it starts doing the same thing again.

I did google this as that is how I found out how to get around this but is there any idea with Microsoft is going to address this very clear bug in the system as if it was just me I might think it's my system but where all 3 laptops have experienced this as have others it's clearly an issue with Windows 10.

Any updates on when this will be fixed or if there is a fix already out there that I can download to fix this issue or setting I can adjust that will fix this and still let me keep fast start up active?

Thanks
    Dave

:)

Dave1776, Sep 6, 2018
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down :confused:*Mad Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Taz100420 Win User

Kasperskys shutting itself off

I awoke this morning to a error message saying that kasperskys has encounter a error and shuts off, then I restart and about 10 mins later does it again. any suggestions?

Taz100420, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down - Similar Threads - restarts rather shuts

2. Windows 10 shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shut down: When I shut down Windows 10 keeps my account logged in. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-shut-down/e66b7a53-439e-41f0-b355-55fd1129b52d
  3. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shut down / Update and Restart: Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does not have another Restart scheduled at that point, but the few times I've seen that I decided I'd better do a restart just in...
  4. Issues with shut down/restart window 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues with shut down/restart window 10.: So I just had my Asus laptop since last September, been working fine with everything. Recently, I had some malware which automatically open random pages in my Mozilla Firefox whenever I click on anything. So I decided to reset the whole laptop since I didn't find any solution...
  5. Windows 10 Restarts Instead Of Shut Down

Windows 10 Restarts Instead Of Shut Down: Hello everyone, As the title says, windows 10 restarts instead of shut down when i am pressing the "shut down" button. I had the same problem with windows 8.1, i searched all the internet to find a solution but i couldn't fix my problem. I read on internet some of...
  6. Fix Windows 10 reboots (restarts) instead of shutting down

Fix Windows 10 reboots (restarts) instead of shutting down: A number of Windows 10 users have various shutdown-related issues. The most common issue is that their PC reboots instead of shutting down. When they click shut down in the Start menu, Windows 10 doesn't shutdown, but instead restarts. Here is what you can do to avoid this...
  7. windows 10 shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 shut down: windows 10 shuts down but computer will not turn off. Also, windows sucks up lots of memory when playing my FSX game. It stutters. 26025
  8. Windows 10 will not shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not shut down: Hey Everyone, I have a desktop that I ran the update on from windows 7 up to windows 10. When I go to shutdown on this system it appears to begin the shutdown process. However, after a few moments with black screens and appearing to have shut down, the PC near turns off...
  9. win 10 - shutting down and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 - shutting down and restart: why my windows 10 take so much time to shutdown and restart ? i have a 480 gb ssd, 32 gb ram, kaspersky internet security,all updates done. any fix to resolve this ? bye 87080
  10. Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down: I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago for the most part it works fine, but one day it stopped being able to shut down properly. When I tell it to shut down it does actually shut down but only for a second before it starts restarting. This problem has been going on for 2-3...