Windows 10: Windows 10 restarts when I ask it to sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 restarts when I ask it to sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This causes loss of data. I see thousands of similar questions around the net, but after searching, I did not come up with a definite solution, tho I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob-M2, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Bob-M2 Win User

Windows 10 restarts when I ask it to sleep

This causes loss of data. I see thousands of similar questions around the net, but after searching,

I did not come up with a definite solution, tho I tried many. This is an old problem..

Some dates go back to 2015. Hasn't this been fixed yet?

One clue is the last time it happened, when I went to the power icon in the lower left corner, the 3 choices were:

Sleep

Update, then shutdown

Update, then restart.

I chose sleep, but it apparently did one of the other items.

Next time, the 3 choices were the same, but the "update" word was omitted.

In the control panel, I see that "Auto" is off in the update area. The system is ignoring

that setting.

Isn't there a way to set it up so the system asks first, instead of updating automatically?

:)

Bob-M2, Jan 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 restarts when I ask it to sleep - Similar Threads - restarts ask sleep

2. Windows 10 stops when restarted from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stops when restarted from sleep: Windows 10 stops when restarted from sleep, but browser runs normally. If browser screen minimised, screen is blank except for minimised browser icon. Browser can be maximised and runs as normal. No Windows toolbar visible on screen. Windows keyboard button does nothing. No...
  3. Windows 10 stops when restarted from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stops when restarted from sleep: Windows 10 stops when restarted from sleep, but browser runs normally. If browser screen minimised, screen is blank except for minimised browser icon. Browser can be maximised and runs as normal. No Windows toolbar visible on screen. Windows keyboard button does nothing. No...
  4. Windows 10 stops when restarted from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to log in when restarting after unchecking not to ask

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to log in when restarting after unchecking not to ask: I did a search and it said to Right click start, click Command PromptAdmintype in netplwiz in hit enter , and uncheck the box that asks to ask for password and log in ..... I shut down my laptop and it asks again , I rechecked and it was still unchecked , so why is it...
  6. Windows 10 Restarts Instead of Sleeps

Windows 10 Restarts Instead of Sleeps: Hi All, I recently built a new PC. I'm running a X570 Aorus Master latest bios with a Ryzen 5800X. I noticed after a clean install of Windows 10 Education the Sleep feature no longer works - instead my computer immediately reboots. A few things I've tried: -Disabling...
  7. When restart happens in sleep mode...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When restart happens in sleep mode...: I've noticed that if I download a cumulative update that requires a restart and I put my laptop in sleep mode when I'm done with it, it apparently wakes up at some point during "inactive hours" and does the restart. But then what? Does it go back into sleep mode as it was...
  8. Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode

Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode: Hi All! Just bought a brand new HP envy 15 2020 edition. On the 2nd day it was updating windows and bios and then i noticed that my laptop restarts whenever i put it to sleep. To be precise, this is what happens step by step: 1. I put the laptop to sleep 2. It goes to...
  9. Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings: Hi My laptop, which is running windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.320, is going to sleep/hibernating, every time when the battery gets to 6% power-or some times less. The power light remains on with the screen turning off and, if I then press the power button ,it wakes...
  10. Windows 10 restarts without asking

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 restarts without asking: I was performing a first time start up on steam for Grand Theft Auto V. It was installing 1 of 3 components like all games do from steam. Right in the middle of that it restarted for Windows updates. That is not okay. I thought I conquered this by setting "Choose how updates...