Windows 10: Windows 10 restarts without asking

Discus and support Windows 10 restarts without asking in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was performing a first time start up on steam for Grand Theft Auto V. It was installing 1 of 3 components like all games do from steam. Right in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RECONBunny, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Windows 10 restarts without asking

I was performing a first time start up on steam for Grand Theft Auto V. It was installing 1 of 3 components like all games do from steam. Right in the middle of that it restarted for Windows updates. That is not okay. I thought I conquered this by setting "Choose how updates are installed" to "Notify to Schedule restart"

This didn't work so how can I stop this because it is not okay.

:)

RECONBunny, Aug 6, 2015
  2. DJ9ZR Win User

Windows 10 automatically restarting without asking me

How do I stop Windows 10 restarting my pc without asking me if its ok to do so. I can be in the middle of working and all of a sudden I get a blue screen with "Windows is restarting" message and absolutely no way to stop it or delay it, resulting in lost
    work.

I've tried the "Tell windows when you usually use your pc" and all I can say is it is not the answer. I should be the only one that gives authority to my PC to restart. I've seen various forums talking about resetting H keys etc but surely there must be
    a simple way to override this completely unacceptable action? Surely the cumulative brain power behind Microsoft haven't come to the conclusion that people would be happy for Microsoft to decide when to restart

Any simple answers gratefully received

DJ9ZR, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 automatically restarting without asking me

There is no "simple" (or supported) way of overriding. You can mark the connection as metered and it wont download the updates and when you are ready unmark it as metered

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 restarts without asking

1. Windows 10 restarts without asking - Similar Threads - restarts without asking

2. Windows 10 restarting without clicking on 'restart' and 'cancel'.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 restarting without clicking on 'restart' and 'cancel'.: I recently clean installed Windows 10 and restored my data. I did my work to restore all my things, but when I shut down the laptop, it restarted without me clicking 'restart' and 'cancel'. Any help?It is a 7 year old laptop...
  3. Windows 10 update asking for restart and never installs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update asking for restart and never installs.: Windows 10 updates says it is installing 2021-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5005033But it asks for pending restart and i have restarted numerous times and it never installs. In the install history it shows nothing installed at all....
  4. Windows 10 restarting without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarting without warning: Hi Win 10 pro 18363 I'm in need of some pointing in the right direction. My Windows 10 PC has suddenly started restarting without warning. No messages are provided as to the cause. My searches for ideas as the what might be causing this have helped and I've managed to...
  5. XPS 8700 Windows 10 restarting without asking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    XPS 8700 Windows 10 restarting without asking: Hi! I got this XPS 8700 7 years ago with windows 10 installed and recently it’s been acting horribily. Now out of no where, my computer will shut down and sometimes turn on by itself. I’m looking online and there’s two possible solutions, check and update the drivers, or...
  6. Windows 10 rebooting without asking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 rebooting without asking: For the nth time my Windows 10 box was rebooted lat night, without my permission, costing my n hours of work, and after I had followed every single thread and set every possible configuration, policy, and registry setting I could find the last time this happened. I did just...
  7. How to restart windows 10 without restarting it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restart windows 10 without restarting it.: hi, is it possible to restart windows 10 and all of its services not just explorer without actually restarting it. because it takes a lot of time to restart it. best regards....
  8. the possibility of restarting windows 10 without restarting it

the possibility of restarting windows 10 without restarting it: hi, is it possible to restart windows 10 not just explorer and all of its services without restarting it? there is a script on google which does that but it only starts windows explorer. best regards. 145482
  9. Windows 10 restarts when I ask it to sleep

Windows 10 restarts when I ask it to sleep: This causes loss of data. I see thousands of similar questions around the net, but after searching, I did not come up with a definite solution, tho I tried many. This is an old problem.. Some dates go back to 2015. Hasn't this been fixed yet? One clue is the last time it...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Started Without Asking

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade Started Without Asking: My Windows 7 system was subscribed for the upgrade reservation. The little Window 10 icon expanded and said my upgrade was ready to download. I went to Windows Update to watch what was going on. Downloading had started without my permission. After the download was complete it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart windows without asking