Windows 10: Windows 10 Restore hanging - what to do ?

Discus and support Windows 10 Restore hanging - what to do ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi please can someone advise what to do when system restore hangs in windows 10. The screen says it is restoring the registry but has stayed like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartynChambers, May 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Restore hanging - what to do ?

Hi

please can someone advise what to do when system restore hangs in windows 10. The screen says it is restoring the registry but has stayed like that for over an hour and a half.

the computer seems to be whirling away, and the circle of microsoft dots are still whizzing in a circle on the screen, but i am assuming its hung and stuck.

any help and ideas appreciated as to what i should do?

:)

MartynChambers, May 5, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10 Restore hanging - what to do ? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Restore hanging - what to do ?

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Restore hanging - what to do ?

1. Windows 10 Restore hanging - what to do ? - Similar Threads - Restore hanging

2. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  3. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  4. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  5. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  6. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

Google Chrome won't install after system restore .: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, clicking Google Chrome icon fails to open chrome. Now, i'm trying to re-install Chrome using first Edge and then Firefox...
  7. Windows 10 Creating System Restore Point hangs at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Creating System Restore Point hangs at 99%: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, 19044.1645.When trying to create a System Restore Point interactively the process hangs without further information.If I try to create the Restore Point manually, via PowerShell, the progress bar advances normally until it reaches 90%. It...
  8. Windows 10 Creating System Restore Point hangs at 99%

Windows 10 Creating System Restore Point hangs at 99%: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, 19044.1645.When trying to create a System Restore Point interactively the process hangs without further information.If I try to create the Restore Point manually, via PowerShell, the progress bar advances normally until it reaches 90%. It...
  9. Windows 10 Creating System Restore Point hangs at 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Recycle Bin Hangs When Restoring Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin Hangs When Restoring Files: For ages now I've had a problem, and I finally thought I'd try and find a fix - When I try to restore a deleted file from my Recycle Bin I get the Windows Explorer 'Move/Copy' dialogue, saying 'Moving 1 item to...' but it sits at 1% and never restores the file... I click the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 restore hanging