Windows 10: Windows 10 - restore printer shortcut to desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 - restore printer shortcut to desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy 7640 printer and scanner. It stopped working so I deleted and reinstalled it using online software. I also deleted the shortcut on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Helen25#, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Helen25# Win User

Windows 10 - restore printer shortcut to desktop

I have an HP Envy 7640 printer and scanner. It stopped working so I deleted and reinstalled it using online software. I also deleted the shortcut on the home screen of my laptop but clearly shouldn't have as that hasn't been restored - I used to use it to open the scanner and scan documents and to check the print cartridges. I've tried opening Devices - Printers and Scanners - and right-clicking on the printer to add a shortcut but it won't let me.

I've also tried downloading the scanner app but it's not as easy to use and saves images as photos which I don't want.

Is there a way I can get my printer shortcut back on to my laptop screen?

Thanks!

:)

Helen25#, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - restore printer shortcut to desktop - Similar Threads - restore printer shortcut

2. How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!: Shortcuts have disappeared from desktop.Have tried creating folder Desktop TempIt says there is nothing to show.Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-shortcuts-to-desktop-on-windows-10/7b2c0f6a-3ee1-4090-ba98-7ae7c63b5d7a
  3. How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!: Shortcuts have disappeared from desktop.Have tried creating folder Desktop TempIt says there is nothing to show.Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-shortcuts-to-desktop-on-windows-10/7b2c0f6a-3ee1-4090-ba98-7ae7c63b5d7a
  4. How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts: When I try to create a shortcut on the desktop for a file or folder I get an error message:"Windows couldn't create the shortcut. Check to see whether the disk is full."Is there a fix for this? I have done a sfc scan and all system files are fine....
  6. System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?: Could someone please confirm that W10 shouldn't remove a desktop shortcut following a system restore because it was a user file. I added a desktop shortcut to a web page a couple of days ago and this morning carried out a system restore to restore my desktop PC configuration...
  7. System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?: Could someone please confirm that W10 shouldn't remove a desktop shortcut following a system restore because it was a user file. I added a desktop shortcut to a web page a couple of days ago and this morning carried out a system restore to restore my desktop PC configuration...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts: Good afternoon, A site specific shortcut is a unique shortcut for a website that is created when you click on Create shortcut in IE 11. I have Windows 10. When I changed my Default Browser from IE11 to Edge some of my Desktop Shortcuts changed from site specific...
  9. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

create a desktop shortcut for a printer: How do I create a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 for a printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-for-a-printer/86732439-44f4-4406-a7c0-de42c5e8a5e4
  10. Restore shortcuts to the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore shortcuts to the desktop: I have lost the desktop displayed shortcut to an application. How do I restore the application shortcut to my desktop? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-shortcuts-to-the-desktop/fde96fcc-1954-4ffc-924f-aaa49d2912da