Windows 10: Windows 10 restore problem after my ISP outage crashed.

Discus and support Windows 10 restore problem after my ISP outage crashed. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Win 10 installation is on Drive F. I need to do a restore and am unable to do so as the program is looking at Drive C. How do I change the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harmony1119, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 restore problem after my ISP outage crashed.

My Win 10 installation is on Drive F. I need to do a restore and am unable to do so as the program is looking at Drive C. How do I change the drive letter? If this doesn't work I will have to reinstall. A backup was never turned on. Thanks for your help!

:)

Harmony1119, Jul 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 13, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 13, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows 10 restore problem after my ISP outage crashed.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 restore problem after my ISP outage crashed.

1. Windows 10 restore problem after my ISP outage crashed. - Similar Threads - restore problem ISP

2. Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP: I live practically in the middle of nowhere in a tree covered area and many ISP's couldn't consider my home with a satellite because of the angles of the trees around my home but I was recently able to get Starlink satellite internet, unfortunately the way SpaceX designed...
  3. Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP: I live practically in the middle of nowhere in a tree covered area and many ISP's couldn't consider my home with a satellite because of the angles of the trees around my home but I was recently able to get Starlink satellite internet, unfortunately the way SpaceX designed...
  4. Internet problems on Windows 10 not caused by ISP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 problems after restoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 problems after restoring: Hi everyone. I've been having performance issues and problems with my Dell laptop, that's running on Windows 10. Basically it all started after installing some updates, including security update KB5012599. My pc failed to re-start properly and so I decided to restore it. Then...
  6. Windows 10 problems after restoring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 problems after restoring: Hi everyone. I've been having performance issues and problems with my Dell laptop, that's running on Windows 10. Basically it all started after installing some updates, including security update KB5012599. My pc failed to re-start properly and so I decided to restore it. Then...
  7. Windows 10 problems after restoring

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 not starting after power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not starting after power outage: Power went out and now windows doesnt start. All the basic fixes dont work Startup Repair - Couldnt repair your PC System Restore - To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then...
  9. Windows 10 Boot-Up problem after power outage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot-Up problem after power outage.: Hello, good day. I am having problems with my desktop as it enters only a black screen before the log in interface. But the cursor is visible and movable. It's just that it's stuck with that black screen. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you very much in advance!...
  10. Is this a Microsoft , Norton or my isp provider problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this a Microsoft , Norton or my isp provider problem?: I have noticed for a while now in the history of norton that my ip address dissapears - the exact saying s are ip address has dissapeared from adapter Microsft wifi virtual adapter and then back to the isp one back and forth.(window 10 laptopr) In the last week I have had...