Windows 10: Windows 10 restoring application states after restart?

Discus and support Windows 10 restoring application states after restart? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So a couple of times I've restarted after a Windows update, and upon returning to the desktop I've had my applications reopen themselves and in one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alvarkresh, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 restoring application states after restart?

So a couple of times I've restarted after a Windows update, and upon returning to the desktop I've had my applications reopen themselves and in one case the contents of my RAMdisk were not wiped.

Can this feature be disabled?

submitted by /u/alvarkresh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alvarkresh, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10 restoring application states after restart? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 restoring application states after restart?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 restoring application states after restart?

1. Windows 10 restoring application states after restart? - Similar Threads - restoring application states

2. Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.: Hi! I got a problem with my pc, and it started after windows update. I guess it went wrong and after that windows restores all changes i did after restart, even deleted files. I tried windows installer media and recovery, but it did not help, it just fails.Now I'm trying to...
  3. Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.: Hi! I got a problem with my pc, and it started after windows update. I guess it went wrong and after that windows restores all changes i did after restart, even deleted files. I tried windows installer media and recovery, but it did not help, it just fails.Now I'm trying to...
  4. Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Applications are not opening after system restore...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications are not opening after system restore...: Hi there,Applications are not opening after system restore it is just loading loading and keep one Like Notion when I opened the it is loading.....
  6. Restore to a default state on restart?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore to a default state on restart?: Not sure if this software still exists but back in the day of Windows XP my school had a system where every time you rebooted the computer it reverted to a default stateim guessing an image. It was so fast it only took a few minutes for the computer to start up. I think the...
  7. Unresponsive applications after System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive applications after System Restore: Good day! I did a system restore last February 3 with my Acer Nitro 5 Model AN515-43-R6DJ because a verified third party application downloaded from a secure source failed to launch after the said application's update failed midway. After reinstalling the third-party app,...
  8. Restore applications and desktops to pre-shutdown state

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore applications and desktops to pre-shutdown state: I discovered the multi desktop feature of Windows 10 and so far, I really like it because it makes organizing things oh so much easier for me - potentially. What makes it kinda lacking for me is the missing persistence, meaning that I lose the assignments of the respective...
  9. windows restore to last week's state

windows restore to last week's state: Hello. I was affected by this virus Trojan with an an extension name 'kiratos' I had to reset the computer because I had no antivirus. now I want to get back or restore the computer to last week version and get the files back or the computer back in its working way. please...
  10. how to restore windows 10 computer to original state

how to restore windows 10 computer to original state: Bought a computer that turned out to be faulty. Retailer will take it back. How do I restore it to its original state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-windows-10-computer-to-original/2073bbc0-d027-4472-a117-d04845bf1c37