Windows 10: Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron

Discus and support Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have a relatively new Dell Inspiron 7000 series (7548). Installed Windows 10 and about 15 seconds after logging in I keep getting an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmgold, Jul 28, 2015.

1. jmgold Win User

Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron

Hi.
    I have a relatively new Dell Inspiron 7000 series (7548).
    Installed Windows 10 and about 15 seconds after logging in I keep getting an error message about an internal power failure. What an absolute f#$% up. I have never had a problem with the laptop.
    Anyone got any ideas? I tried the Restore System Point option but it says that there aren't any system points saved.
    Help would be appreciated.
    (i happen to have an old laptop which is what i'm using to send this).
    Thx,

J

:)

jmgold, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Update Results in "Internal Power Error" on Dell Inspiron 7000 Laptop

Downloaded the Windows 10 update and installed it without apparent issues.

After re-booting my computer (Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop), in about 2 minutes I get an "Internal Power Error".

The computer then reboots itself and the same error occurs again about 2 minutes after the reboot. Repeat.

Is there a solution for this that doesn't involve uninstalling drivers or other stupid human tricks?

BubbleGumChewer, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Zach BVR Win User
    Windows 10 INTERNAL POWER ERROR

I have a Dell Inspiron and after updating to Windows 10 it crashed and blue screened with the INTERNAL POWER ERROR. Now it's in a constant loop of resetting and blue screening not allowing me to do anything! I don't know what to do.

Zach BVR, Jul 28, 2015
  4. kanzuri Win User

I have the same computer and the same exactly problem. Someone please help!

kanzuri, Jul 28, 2015
  5. MGR
    MGR Win User
    Same issue here, same laptop... Am going to try the following:

Internal Power Error - upgrading Windows 10 - HP Support Forum - 5168643
    All you need is to:

1. Login to safe mode: (I kept shift held when I restarted from the login screen a few times)
    a. Windows + R
    b. msconfig
    c. Boot -> Safe mode -> minimal -> OK -> Restart

2. Uninstal drivers
    a. Right click on My Computer
    b. Devices
    c. Uninstal Graphic and Network drivers - it can be one of them
    Try to uninstal all possible drivers
    d. Restart PC

3. Return from safe mode
    a. Windows + R
    b. msconfig
    c. Boot -> unclick Safe mode -> OK -> Restart

Will let you guys know how it goes, safe mode works but only the touch screen....

6. jmgold Win User
    If you uninstall the drivers...a) how do you know which one was the problem and b) you'll need to reinstall them at some point right?

jmgold, Jul 28, 2015
  7. kanzuri Win User
    I saw that before. I entered safe mode with WIN + R and made a factory reset instead. I decided to install WIN 10 after they fix that problem first. It's a shame I lost all my data tho. :/

kanzuri, Jul 28, 2015
  8. MGR
    MGR Win User

Checking the Dell Support page - a huge "this device has been tested to work with Windows 10" makes me shake my head.

It seems to be an issue with the Driver of the secondary GFX Card. What worked for me was uninstalling only the GFX driver. If you didn't de-select the option for Win10 to automatically upgrade drivers, the fix will work for a few minutes and then return (once the new driver was automatically reinstalled).

Disable automatic device driver download in Windows 10

Its obviously not a long term fix, I want all of my computer to work - but hopefully it will get others up and running again long enough for someone smarter (or Dell) to come to our rescue... Hope this works for you too!

I'll post again should I find anything!

9. luisnaval Win User
    I had the same issue, had to do the following:

1. Login to safe mode
    2. Remove Intel HD Graphics driver and AMD R7 265 drivers
    3. Disable AMD R7 hardware

4. Reboot and login to normal mode
    5. Let windows download the driver for Intel HD Graphics (Make sure AMD is disabled)

6. Problem hasn't returned so far, but AMD is permanently disabled. As soon as I enable it the machine shows the BSOD.

It is a shame that they didn't even test this upgrade path in one fairly new machine model, but for now having AMD disabled has prevented the BSOD from happening.

luisnaval, Jul 28, 2015
  10. Bingo Win User
    I have the same internal power error after installing windows 10 update on my new dell inspiron.

Now restoring my PC to factory settings with 8.1.

Will wait a few weeks before trying this update agn and when windows 10 OS is stable..

Bingo, Jul 28, 2015
  11. matyou98 Win User
    I have the same machine as well. I had to boot into safe mode. Once in safe mode I see the AMD video driver was incorrect. Driver was showing radeon m265, where on my laptop its an m270. I disabled the amd m265 and then rebooted. Finally got into windows 10. I went to device manager and removed the m265 (chose to delete driver as well). Went to dells site and downloaded the correct driver, but had to download the version for windows 8.1. When I installed that, it still showed the m265.

Ran windows update and it downloaded the m270 driver and installed it. I rebooted after install and have not had any further issues. Device manager shows my video card correctly as the radeon m270 and both intel and amd cards are enabled. Hope this helps!

matyou98, Jul 28, 2015
  12. Bingo Win User
    Thanks for that info but I dont know why Dell is not sorting this out.

Do you have any links info specs on this radeon R7-M270 card I've never been able to find the information and Dell are completely useless for that, do you have any links to the specs?

Its my second dell laptop where I have problem with the graphics card.

Bingo, Jul 28, 2015
  13. Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron

I disabled only the AMD Radeon R7 M265 Series driver and now It's working very fine Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron :):chuckle:
    Of Course I did that in the safe mode using the method stated below

Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron [​IMG]

KhaledYousry, Jul 28, 2015
  14. I can't even manage to get pc to select safe mode on next boot before it crashes. Any suggestions?

anthonyonten, Jul 28, 2015
  15. Did you try the F12 Button during the boot?

KhaledYousry, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron - Similar Threads - results repeated Internal

2. Kernel Power failure after sleeping chronic on new Dell Inspiron 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power failure after sleeping chronic on new Dell Inspiron 15: I have had this issue from the get-go on my new Dell. Whenever the laptop goes to sleep and it defaults to doing so rapidly to conserve power the system reboots, losing any open data and requiring me to restart all of my apps and reopen my files.When I reach out to them, Dell...
  3. Kernel Power failure after sleeping chronic on new Dell Inspiron 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power failure after sleeping chronic on new Dell Inspiron 15: I have had this issue from the get-go on my new Dell. Whenever the laptop goes to sleep and it defaults to doing so rapidly to conserve power the system reboots, losing any open data and requiring me to restart all of my apps and reopen my files.When I reach out to them, Dell...
  4. Video TDR Failure on brand new Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure on brand new Dell Inspiron: My new less than 1 month old Windows 11 system has been shutting down whenever it goes to sleep, causing me to lose data and settings in my apps. I updated all drivers, ran multiple troubleshooters, and finagled with the power settings which the troubleshooter, however, has...
  5. Video TDR Failure on brand new Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video TDR Failure on brand new Dell Inspiron: My new less than 1 month old Windows 11 system has been shutting down whenever it goes to sleep, causing me to lose data and settings in my apps. I updated all drivers, ran multiple troubleshooters, and finagled with the power settings which the troubleshooter, however, has...
  6. Repeated Internal Power Error BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated Internal Power Error BSOD: Hello,I have been experiencing repeated BSOD of internal power failures. They occur when the battery is lower however I never receive any low battery warning and it will at times shut off around 20% but then state 0% but when starts up following the BSOD. If I keep the laptop...
  7. Internal speakers are in my Dell Inspiron 3670 but no sound!! It claims they are not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal speakers are in my Dell Inspiron 3670 but no sound!! It claims they are not...: Internal speakers are in my Dell Inspiron 3670 but no sound!! It Claims it is no plugged in! What do I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers-are-in-my-dell-inspiron-3670-but/4786d82b-e8b4-4718-ad8c-ff6fa0f7754a
  8. Dell Inspiron

Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  9. Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 24-5459 not recognizing D:\ Drive as Internal

Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 24-5459 not recognizing D:\ Drive as Internal: As of a few days ago my internal D:\ (DVD/CD-ROM) drive was not recognizing any discs I put into it. I have 2 external LG Blu-ray portable drives and one of them is now recognized as D:\. How do I fix this so that the Internal DVD/CD-ROM drive is recognized as D:\ again? I...
  10. Dell Inspiron 7537 Won't Power On?

Dell Inspiron 7537 Won't Power On?: I've just done a clean install of W10 on my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. I turned off the laptop last night when the battery was about half discharged. I tried turning on the laptop today after it had been off 18 hours and it was completely dead - there was no response to...