Windows 10: Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key

Discus and support Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a windows 7 many years ago, and upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. My windows is retail, so as I know I can deactivate and install on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BalázsAlbert, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key

I bought a windows 7 many years ago, and upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. My windows is retail, so as I know I can deactivate and install on another PC. I'm about to replace my computer, but my product key for the old windows 7 is lost in the past. How can I activate it on the new PC wihout the key? Or is there any way to get the key?

I appreciate all the help.

:)

BalázsAlbert, Jul 17, 2020

2. Use Windows 10 key on another pc if the pc with the license wont start

Hi Nikoss1,

There are certain factors that you need to consider if you want to transfer Windows 10 license to another computer. It may vary if the license is a retail (can be transferred) or OEM license (cannot be transferred).

You have a retail license if you bought the product key from a retail store. An OEM license is when you bought the computer with the Windows operating system preinstalled.

You also have to consider if the Windows 10 product key to be transferred will match the Windows 10 Edition to be transferred to (eg: Microsoft Education product key to Microsoft Education Edition).

A license can only be installed on one PC at a time. Thus, you have to uninstall the product key to the old PC before you can transfer it to another computer.

Uninstalling the product key to the old computer and transferring it to another device will require advanced troubleshooting steps. I suggest that you contact
    AnswerDeskfor advanced assistance regarding your activation concern. They have the right tools to check your product key and
    see if it is eligible for transfer.

Should you have other questions, let us know.

Monica Cam, Jul 17, 2020
  3. RK1997 Win User
    Using the current device's product key on my another device.

Hello,
    I tried this before. On newer PC, activation was unsuccessful.

RK1997, Jul 17, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key

Is Product Key Transferable to New PC?

Hi, if your original license was OEM, it cannot be transferred to a new PC.

If it was retail, it can be- as many times as you like. Which was yours? That's the - er - key question.

There is no product key for Win 10 in the same way as for previous editions.

I'm not quite sure if you're referring to a completely different PC, or simply reinstalling Windows on the same PC. If the latter, activation should be automatic. It may be harder if you're making significant hardware changes.

If you have a retail key, please see:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

Activate Windows 10

Finally, if you're confident that you have the right to Win 10 on your target PC and still have difficulty, you can contact your regional MS activation centre.

dalchina, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key

1. Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key - Similar Threads - Retail activation another

2. Windows 10 Activated without product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activated without product key: I am building my friend a computer from some components from a previous build of mine and told him I would put windows 10 on it for him but he would later need to buy a product key and activate windows. The first time I installed windows 10 for some reason my ethernet port...
  3. Windows 10 Activated without product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activated without product key: I am building my friend a computer from some components from a previous build of mine and told him I would put windows 10 on it for him but he would later need to buy a product key and activate windows. The first time I installed windows 10 for some reason my ethernet port...
  4. Windows 10 Activated without product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key: Got a new PC for Christmas, it's not a prebuilt PC. Everytime I turn on the PC a notification appears that I need to activate Windows. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, restart the PC, update Windows, etc. I'm unable to activate it. I started looking online about this,...
  6. Activate windows without product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate windows without product Key: How do i activate windows 10 without product key and how do I set up remote desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-without-product-key/3ffe124f-658a-40b3-80a3-2a035f2b6ee4
  7. Activating windows 10 without product key

Activating windows 10 without product key: I was not able to activate the windows of My acer Es11 because of not havingbthe produc key. I dont know the product key because it was not attach to the package where the windows came.How can i get my produxt key?can i use another product key?...
  8. Activation of Windows 10 for Another PC without product key

Activation of Windows 10 for Another PC without product key: Im planning to build a pc and plan on using Windows 10, the downloadable one. But I heard it works for one month before asking for product key for activation. Im planning to download from a laptop onto a flashdrive and boot the pc from usb. Is there anything I can do about...
  9. Activation of windows 10 without product key

Activation of windows 10 without product key: I have a windows 10 pc. When I got the laptop it came pre installed with windows 8.1. Then I later upgraded it to windows 10. Now I want to wipe my hard drive and Reinstall windows 10 from usb. Can i still get windows 10 activation. Since my laptop came pre-installed with...
  10. Windows 10 Product Key Activation on another Motherboard or new pc

Windows 10 Product Key Activation on another Motherboard or new pc: I want to save myself a bit of money when buying a new pc by saving £100+ and get the windows key from the Pc im using now and putting into the new pc?...